• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

does alien#1 cgc 9.8 ever come up for sale?

116 posts in this topic

It was my most watched, most bookmarked book this week. Heavy interest from the first few minutes listed last weekend. Congrats to the winner who is a long time customer, that is the only Aliens book I have ever found in 9.8 from the entire mini series. I've looked at alot of Aliens books over the years.
Congrats on the sale. :hi:

did you ever get all your aliens#1 back from cgc?

I did today!! (after 6 months!!)

:o

:applause:

You might remember me turning down your kind offer a few months ago for a 9.8. I hope that you can now understand why. :)

Submit them and see how many come back 9.8 White Pages. It will be fun to see.

:popcorn:

:sorry:

no 9.8... but 2 9.6's!!

did you ever get all your aliens#1 back from cgc?

I did today!! (after 6 months!!)

:o

You might remember me turning down your kind offer a few months ago for a 9.8. I hope that you can now understand why. :)

Submit them and see how many come back 9.8 White Pages. It will be fun to see.

:popcorn:

:sorry:

no 9.8... but 2 9.6's!!

Aliens #1 is still one of those books that comes up rarely as a 9.8 candidate. I was lucky to have three over the years.

That is such a tough book to find in 9.8. I actually remember trying to find a mint copy of that book when they were new on the racks. They all seemed to have spine tics/creases everywhere I went and I had to settle for VF copies. Another problem I found with some copies was the ink would come off on your fingers and leave a permanent fingerprint.

Aliens #1 and DHP #24 both cgc SS 9.8 just sold for $699 on Ebay. :o

Did they sell?

Aliens 1 & DHP 24 not in completed sales

Listing now reads "sold" and not "best offer accepted" so I assume it sold for full price. Last time I checked there were 16 people following the auction. Gonna take a minute to recover those costs.

I just checked, and it comes up as "This listing has ended."

Dark Horse Presents 24 and Aliens 1 - both CGC SS 9.8 and Signed by Mark Nelson

Ebay has gotten tricky to confirm a sale. So you would have to check this listing again tomorrow, as I think it doesn't come up as a completed sale until payment is received.

One of the toughest books I ever tried to track down. And it turns out it was right there in my comic boxes, OO, waiting to be submitted.

Aliens1_98fc.jpg

:cloud9:

I have 2nd vol, Hive, Genocide, Earth War, Newts Tale and some DHP waiting as well :cloud9:

How much would an Aliens #1 would go for in 9.8 nowaday? Any guesses? (shrug)

Well according to this thread you are looking at SS going for $300 a pop. Which is crazy IMO.

I'm going to say my collection may fetch a 8.5-9.6 range if submitted. I'd probably rather do it myself or submit to have signed than chase already slabbed copies down

:ohnoez: insanity!! :o

Try and find an Aliens Vol. 1 #2 first printing raw in solid 9.8 condition. Anyone that wants to complete a 9.8 set (and there are a few in the Copper Age area) will let you know what they have gotten back.

I am pretty sure I will never find that issue in 9.8. I was lucky to get the ones I have in the condition they are in, which I think would be lucky to be in the 8.5-9.6 range.

It is crazy-tough to track down, which is why collectors pay that amount. I'd say Aliens Vol. 1 #2 is probably the toughest of the bunch, followed by Aliens Vol. 1 #1.

Some say #5 and #6 are also tough. But the first two are the challenge.