• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fundraiser for aurora CO shooting victim

10 posts in this topic

I know it isn't HERO INITIATIVE, but there are some comic tie-ins as

well. A fundraiser for one of the shooting victims in the Aurora CO can

be found at

http://www.giveforward.com/ourherojoshuanowlan?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=graph&utm_campaign=vanity_page

This particular fundraiser is for a man, a Navy vet who served 4 years,

who apparently used himself to shield 2 friends (newlyweds) and took 2

bullets in the process. He has had numerous surgeries and is in for a

long recovery. He also happens to be Kevin Nowlan's cousin's son (I

think that still makes him Kevin's cousin, but I never understood that

"once removed" cousin thing if that even applies...but I digress), which

is how I became aware of him as Kevin has tweeted a request to consider

donating. So I tossed in $25 and while reviewing the site they have a

request to make the fundraiser more well known, so here we are. Every

dollar counts, and this guy deserves support as far as I can see.

rantrant c'mon people, only $11K raised and this guy took two bullets meant for others! $5500/bullet is not an acceptable exchange rate! I'll match (did I just type that?...really?!? I am sober so I guess I have to stick to it!) up to a few hundred if people tell me they donated. And I am broke, so let's step up here. rantrant

Please consider giving, as there is only 1 week left in this fundraiser. If the bus lady gets $700K surely Joshua Nowlan, a 4 year Navy vet who took two bullets intended for others, deserves more than $11,495! And no, I never heard of him prior to the shooting so I have no vested interest.

this ends tomorrow. If you didn't get what you wanted at CLINK, maybe consider throwing a few dollars to this guy. (see link above please)

Well, I thought it ended tomorrow. I was positive that is what it said the other day, but now it sez ending at 10/31/12. Still donate or suffer the continuous bumping thread