• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

When will/will the WALKING DEAD bubble burst?
7 7

3,607 posts in this topic

Shilltastic ;)

I ran a bunch of auctions this week. A lot of 2 feedback bidders pumping up prices and the ones that won are not paying. I'm not shilling so what the hell is going on? I this part of the hack? Is it to screw with EBay and not so much profit from the information they stole?

Sorry to hear you're getting shilled :( As darkstar mentioned, it isn't always the seller.

What people can sometimes do is artificially inflate an auction with shill bids in order to try and add value to their own item. If the bids aren't cancelled, the shilled price will also be recorded in the 'Sold Listings'.

I hate shills. I really do.

2***m ( 0 ) New eBay Member (less than 30 days) Cancelled: US $1,500.00

Bid: May-26-14 21:09:08 PDT

Cancelled: May-27-14 14:34:21 PDT

Number one, the true test will occur after the show ends. Long term investors are not concerned with a short term impact of a television show. Television shows end. For this to be considered an 'investment' it's going to have to have long term staying power; meaning more than one generation. It will always be a modern age key (until we redefine what 'age' 2001 fits into). Unfortunately, this alone does not always equate continued growth and demand.

Number two, bidders on ebay generally try to inflate prices so they can justify charging such prices for their own items. This is why it is very dangerous to go by completed auction sales to determine the current market value of any collectible. Unfortunately, a lot of people do. Want proof? Just look at past threads that showcase what a proposed item is or has sold for. An item's price only matters if the buyer paid.

Expect the bubble to last a little longer as

AMC and Fox Television have announced that starting in the fall of 2014, two episodes of The Walking Dead will air back-to-back on one night of the week (yet to be determined) on the over-the-air Fox MyNetworkTV stations, which reach about 96% of the U.S. population. This will mark the first time that the AMC cable series will be broadcast over the air. The zombie apocalypse saga will have to be edited to meet broadcast standards, so don’t expect the same level of gore and violence in the syndicated re-runs of the series.

WALKING DEAD= Ka-Ching?

When that bubble bursts there's gonna be a lot of zombie juice flyin around

Walking Dead shatters cable records, and beats NFL Sunday game in ratings!

Anybody else still holding on to thoughts that this is a fad?

Walking Dead continues to break ratings records!

It beat Sunday Night Football? :ohnoez:

Yep. NFL is like the gold standard of TV ratings. So it`s pretty amazing.

Walking Dead beats NFL.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

Walking Dead beats NFL in ratings Sunday night!

That's nuts.

Walking Dead beats NFL in ratings Sunday night!

That's going to make a few people in TV world sit up and take notice. That's nuts.

I found this interesting also.

The average cost of a 30-second ad in “Monday Night Football” is an eye-popping $397,898, according to the Variety analysis, which uses estimates collected from as many as six different media-buying firms as well as other sources. No scripted program on broadcast can top it. Yet the cost of a package on “Dead” comes to an average of $413,695.

http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/tv-ad-prices-football-walking-dead-big-bang-theory-blacklist-top-the-list-1201314484/

Here's a breakdown of profit from last season

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013/10/amc-makes-per-episode-of-the-walking-dead

If there are about 18 minutes worth of 30-second commercials during a single episode, that means AMC makes about $11 million off an episode.

Edited by Rip

No wonder they want to have so many episodes. It's a shame because it's detrimental to the story-telling, imo. I stopped watching a while ago because it was just dragging on too much.

The first season, at 6 episodes, was brilliant. Really tight story-telling and it felt more like how the original story felt.

Clearly a lot of people disagree with me haha.

Will have to check out the season 5 premiere at some stage because it's getting alot of great reviews.