• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR SS GRAIL?

146 posts in this topic

An original Back to The Future poster with the signatures of

Michael J Fox signed and "Hey, Doc, we better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to 88."

Christopher Lloyd signed and "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Thomas F. Wilson signed and "Make like a tree and get out of here!"

:roflmao: I would pay a ton of money for that one.

An original Back to The Future poster with the signatures of

Michael J Fox signed and "Hey, Doc, we better back up. We don't have enough road to get up to 88."

Christopher Lloyd signed and "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads."

Thomas F. Wilson signed and "Make like a tree and get out of here!"

:roflmao: I would pay a ton of money for that one.

I think it's doable....the hard part would be getting Michael J Fox to sign....but if was ONLY Christopher Lloyd, and only Christopher Lloyd on the poster..

I would want his signature and "1.21 gigawatts!?!?"

Have gotten one Obama signed photo posing with the hand-signed Alex Ross "Super Obama" shirt that I gave him. (Alex got a kick out of it!). Front row at an event 6 weeks ago, and just missed my Spidey book, going to probably have one more chance this fall....

Not sure this is a grail, but it follows the same lines. I'm having different artists do character from some of my favorite movies on blanks that I hope to one day figure out a way to get signed by the actors/actresses. Such as this Barbarella Jose Jaro did for me and is out to CGC for slabbing.

i-V73wjZv-L.jpg

Next up is Weird Science, already have a blank that Troy made up for me!

After that probably will be Tombstone.

Have gotten one Obama signed photo posing with the hand-signed Alex Ross "Super Obama" shirt that I gave him. (Alex got a kick out of it!). Front row at an event 6 weeks ago, and just missed my Spidey book, going to probably have one more chance this fall....

best of luck with that. I have hopes of one day meeting him and asking him to sign my 9.8 slab on the front. WIll not be CGC SS but it wont matter as long as I document it with a photo. I would not sell it anyway.

Jack Kirby #2 although I'd settle for a blue label slab with the notation on the label that it was signed by him

I have that notated on a purple label of an X-men 1. Thought I had a scan of it but I guess I don't. :sorry:

Jack Kirby #2 although I'd settle for a blue label slab with the notation on the label that it was signed by him

I have that notated on a purple label of an X-men 1. Thought I had a scan of it but I guess I don't. :sorry:

Nice, I'm hoping to find one someday. I saw a nice ST114 that was a mid grade but I didn't buy it that instant and it was gone when I went back to do so. :cry:

I picked up one of my SS grails this year - The entire Weapon X run in 9.8 signed by Barry Windsor Smith.

I see several people are chasing an Obama signed Spidey. Add me to that list with an extra twist. I have the book in 9.8 already signed by Stan Lee with the inscription, "With great power comes great responsibility."

And like many of you, I also dream of a cover sketch by Barry Windsor Smith, Jim Lee or Todd McFarlane.

I picked up one of my SS grails this year - The entire Weapon X run in 9.8 signed by Barry Windsor Smith.

I see several people are chasing an Obama signed Spidey. Add me to that list with an extra twist. I have the book in 9.8 already signed by Stan Lee with the inscription, "With great power comes great responsibility."

And like many of you, I also dream of a cover sketch by Barry Windsor Smith, Jim Lee or Todd McFarlane.

See that's what I mean by not really knowing what my grail is. I have projects and wish lists but not one specific book that I'm "questing" for specifically. I wouldn't turn down a single one of those ideas!

Amazing Spider-Man #648 blank Sketched by Todd McFarlane with signatures by Stan Lee & Steve Ditko.

My current "grail"...is my Mexican ASM 300, signed and sketched by TM, Signed by Stan "Hola Amigo!", and DM...damn I love that book!

I really like it when an artist or writer goes out of their way on the cover, with a phrase aside from his sig....a writer writing a quote from the book being signed is rock star I think