• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WHAT WOULD BE YOUR SS GRAIL?

146 posts in this topic

With a slight bit of facetiousness but more because I am a huge Rifleman fan. I still DVR the show and have seen the episodes so many times, I know most of the dialog. I have a few shows like that - Wild Wild West, ST:TOS (natch), and Hogan's Heroes (guilty pleasure).

Since of all these have comic books produced, it would have been cool to get cast signed books but not possible anymore.

And the Rifleman book to be signed by Chuck Connors and Johnny Crawford on this book of course...

rifleman(2).jpg

That would be priceless. Connors would of course have to sign the log. lol

Johnny is still alive!

So far, I have sought this out for two years; I want the Spanish version of this.. I got it down to year and month. I have tracked every number in Spanish, except this one.

For those who've never seen that version

Aventura_.jpg

With a slight bit of facetiousness but more because I am a huge Rifleman fan. I still DVR the show and have seen the episodes so many times, I know most of the dialog. I have a few shows like that - Wild Wild West, ST:TOS (natch), and Hogan's Heroes (guilty pleasure).

Since of all these have comic books produced, it would have been cool to get cast signed books but not possible anymore.

And the Rifleman book to be signed by Chuck Connors and Johnny Crawford on this book of course...

rifleman(2).jpg

That would be priceless. Connors would of course have to sign the log. lol

Johnny is still alive!

lol:applause:

So far, I have sought this out for two years; I want the Spanish version of this.. I got it down to year and month. I have tracked every number in Spanish, except this one.

For those who've never seen that version

Aventura_.jpg

I would like to get my Civil War #1 signed by ex-President G Bush II. Since the CW is a parody of his patriot act. Makes me happy to know I have an un-attainable dream mag :)

I Would like a Vampirella 1 by Frazetta. I managed to get creepy 16 by him but vamp 1 has alluded (due to cost).

I too have a ridiculously long grail list with varying likely-hoods of occurring. But I'm currently off the collecting market since I need to buy a house. Hope I can avoid too many more liquidations of my grails... Just sold my ASM 129 SS 2x 9.6 for too little, but it helped reduce my DTI...Guess I will see you all again in about 1 year - gonna need that time to drive my debt down after buying a house in paradise. And no house is worth my 1 of a kind grails I currently posses (not in my control panel so don't bother looking - and no I won't share titles or pics -Sorry- Maybe in a few years...). I already intensely regret selling my TOS 39 CGC SS colan and Lee in 8.0 PLus my worst sale: Captain America 1 CGC SS 2x 6.0R Colan and Lee. On the plus side I have these people's contact info's so if I ever get rich I at least stand a chance to find the SS grails I had signed and then later sold for what were solid offers at the time. I'm gonna liquidate my could-be-SS-WIP (work in Progess) items , they can be seen at this link:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6020858#Post6020858

and include these plus more!:

Daredevil 158 9.8

Dark Horse 5th Anniversary Special nn 9.8

Batman Dark night Returns 4 9.8

Batman and robin 1 sketch 9.8 1:200

g.I. Joe special 1 9.8

coyote 11 7.5*

coyote 12 9.4*

Spawn 1 B&W 9.8

Spawn 1 B&W 9.6*

Spawn 1 9.8

Spawn 1 9.6*

Spawn 2

Amazing Spider-Man 299 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 300 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 301 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 302 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 311 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 319 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 320 9.8

Amazing Spider-Man 328 9.8

spiderman 1 gold upc 9.8

spiderman 1 gold upc 9.6

spiderman 1 poly 9.8

spiderman 1 poly slv 9.8

Marvel Super Heros Secret wars 8 9.8

CAPn America 200 9.8

CAPn America 218 9.8

CAPn America 220 9.8

CAPn America 228 9.8

CAPn America 232 9.8

CAPn America 248 9.8

CAPn America 253 9.8

CAPn America 296 9.8

star trek 1 9.8

NYX 3 9.8

In this case I almost think my horrible memory is a boon to both my wallet and time - I can't recall 90% of the things I want to hunt down and spend my money on.

With that said the only SS grail that never escapes my thought is Weird Science Fantasy #24 signed by Harlan Ellison.

Zero CGC SS exist, his health is deteriorating which made his last convention appearance back in 2010, and is generally known to dislike the concept of signatures. So yeah...ugh. I just want it signed, I could live with a green label unwitnessed sig - he's just a bloody amazing writer he can have my 4th born child in exchange (I'm keeping at least the first three I have, if I hit four then I might begin to tire of them)