• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman 692

55 posts in this topic

tommorrow, 8/22/2012, aggr1103.. I'd get the variant set if you have the cash.. awesome covers.. believe it retails at 29.99.. 5 covers total..

grabbed 3 sets of the variant. those do look sweet!!

the covers are sweet right.. waiting for mine to come in.. cant wait :)

tommorrow, 8/22/2012, aggr1103.. I'd get the variant set if you have the cash.. awesome covers.. believe it retails at 29.99.. 5 covers total..

After reading this thread I had a look at the covers and man you're so right, I love 'em, especially the 80's symbiote cover, so I picked up a set especially after learning the availability ratios for the retailers

After reading this thread I had a look at the covers and man you're so right, I love 'em, especially the 80's symbiote cover, so I picked up a set especially after learning the availability ratios for the retailers

What were the ratios? I havent found a store yet that had them!

What were the ratios? I havent found a store yet that had them!

It was on 'worthpoints' comic blog

http://www.worthpoint.com/blog-entry/comic-speculator-new-comics-rroundup-08222012

Quote "Retailers had to exceed their order of ASM #685 (part 4 of “Ends of the Earth”) by 150 percent before they could order as many sets as needed. This is an amazing set by Martin, but it’s going to be hard to guess a price range here. Currently, these sets are selling for $35-$40 and that’s not a bad price. There might not be a lot of these out there so grab them quick. Will they go up from here? Oh yeah."

Read it last night..

The one thing that bothered me was the time frame.. Seems like with everything that happened, you would need 6 or so months time. Kind of weird.

Just felt rushed to me..

yah, I actually enjoyed the sidekicks powers though.. at least he was not a spider-man knock off like miles morales.. It should get interesting though.. it was the monumental issue though and those variant covers are awesome.. plus it did show a new character [side kick] for spider-man.. Its like batman and robin.. robin was arrogant in the beginning as well.

I am loving The Amazing Spider-Man at the moment and really have since the whole "Brand New Day" started. I think Dan Slott is a great writer and I first learned about him when he wrote She-Hulk a few years back and I enjoyed him on that title then he went and did a Thing series which was great too. So when I heard he was coming to Amazing I was excited.

Normally my new comics (weekly pick-ups) sit on my night side table for a few days, sometimes weeks before they get read but Spidey gets read the same night it comes out because I just can't wait!

Those variant covers do look great. I will have to pick them up at some point.......but first I have to find a JOB!! I have been unemployeed for over a year now. Things are tough and tight! :sumo:

But to those that like Spidey and have not read Amazing in awhile I think now is a great time to give it another try. I think you will be most surprised at the title.

I am so glad Marvel wrote off the extra powers and such Spider-Man got from "The Other" storyline. At that point I was VERY CLOSE to giving up on Spidey!

I just got finished reading this issue. The first copy of ASM I've read for several years and I thought the writing throughout was superb. There was a tangible sense of love and respect for the character and the generations of creators that have created the ongoing Spidey mythos for the past 50 years.

I particularly liked the final story, with Spidey hanging out with the bullied kid. Excellent stuff.

I have to say that I pretty much hated the art throughout. What is it with this horrible bigfoot style? I just don't get it.

Overall though, somewhat like the recent Hawkeye number 1, the writing overcomes any problems with the art.

If you've been turned off modern comics, I would definitely suggest that you give this a try.

If you've been turned off modern comics, I would definitely suggest that you give this a try.

I've found this title to be consistently good the last couple years. Excellent writing with the characters and situations feeling new and fresh to me.

midtown has these $5.09 a piece if you missed out.

limit is 1 each.. i bought on ebay..

got my 3 sets in from midtown today, guess i ordered it early enough before they put a limit on them. the only thing that sucks on these? they put the UPC on the front cover right under the words "50 years" such an out of place eyesore. covers still look gorgeous! but would have been way better with the barcodes on the back.

/minorly annoyed with marvel

I just got finished reading this issue. The first copy of ASM I've read for several years and I thought the writing throughout was superb. There was a tangible sense of love and respect for the character and the generations of creators that have created the ongoing Spidey mythos for the past 50 years.

I particularly liked the final story, with Spidey hanging out with the bullied kid. Excellent stuff.

I have to say that I pretty much hated the art throughout. What is it with this horrible bigfoot style? I just don't get it.

Overall though, somewhat like the recent Hawkeye number 1, the writing overcomes any problems with the art.

Comics are a combination of writing and art, with the art part of it, ya know, playing the most important part. If the art stinks, and, I don't know, call me weird, but I read comics BECAUSE of the art, I just can't get into it. (shrug)

Generally speaking I agree with you, but in some cases very good writing can overcome poor art as here, or Hawkeye 1. Would I prefer great art to go with the story? Of course, and it annoys me when it doesn't, but hey, the world isn't perfect.

midtown has these $5.09 a piece if you missed out.

limit is 1 each.. i bought on ebay..

got my 3 sets in from midtown today, guess i ordered it early enough before they put a limit on them. the only thing that sucks on these? they put the UPC on the front cover right under the words "50 years" such an out of place eyesore. covers still look gorgeous! but would have been way better with the barcodes on the back.

/minorly annoyed with marvel

these babies are starting to sizzle.. nicely done.. I'm glad everyone is enjoying the book as much as I am..

Revival is another book i enjoy alot as well..

Pardon me, but I thought that this issue was yet another slap in the face to the long time readers.

The purpose of the "One More Day" storyline was supposedly to undo the marriage and invigorate the character with a dose of 'youthfulness' in order to make Spider-man more accessible. In doing this, the writers would no longer be bound by a married Spider-man and be able to tell stories that they were previously unable to write.

This leaves me with two questions. The second question is one that I have after reading every issue outside of a 'Peter goes on a date book.'

Can someone explain how having Peter Parker / Spider-man playing 'daddy' to Alpha makes the character younger?

Can someone explain to me how this story could never have been told if the Spider-man marriage was left intact?

They want to shock me at issue #700? Last panel? They have Mary Jane tell Peter that she remembers being married.