• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman 692

55 posts in this topic

They want to shock me at issue #700? Last panel? They have Mary Jane tell Peter that she remembers being married.

700 will be sayonara, MJ. :gossip:

Want to make a friendly wager that you are wrong?

I say they resurrect Gwen Stacy so they can bring back the Archie-Betty-Veronica thing.

tommorrow, 8/22/2012, aggr1103.. I'd get the variant set if you have the cash.. awesome covers.. believe it retails at 29.99.. 5 covers total..

grabbed 3 sets of the variant. those do look sweet!!

the covers are sweet right.. waiting for mine to come in.. cant wait :)

After reading this thread I had a look at the covers and man you're so right, I love 'em, especially the 80's symbiote cover, so I picked up a set especially after learning the availability ratios for the retailers

What were the ratios? I havent found a store yet that had them!

1:15 or was it 1:10

Pardon me, but I thought that this issue was yet another slap in the face to the long time readers.

The purpose of the "One More Day" storyline was supposedly to undo the marriage and invigorate the character with a dose of 'youthfulness' in order to make Spider-man more accessible. In doing this, the writers would no longer be bound by a married Spider-man and be able to tell stories that they were previously unable to write.

This leaves me with two questions. The second question is one that I have after reading every issue outside of a 'Peter goes on a date book.'

Can someone explain how having Peter Parker / Spider-man playing 'daddy' to Alpha makes the character younger?

Can someone explain to me how this story could never have been told if the Spider-man marriage was left intact?

They want to shock me at issue #700? Last panel? They have Mary Jane tell Peter that she remembers being married.

lol that totally reminds me of the last episode of Lost lol

tommorrow, 8/22/2012, aggr1103.. I'd get the variant set if you have the cash.. awesome covers.. believe it retails at 29.99.. 5 covers total..

grabbed 3 sets of the variant. those do look sweet!!

the covers are sweet right.. waiting for mine to come in.. cant wait :)

After reading this thread I had a look at the covers and man you're so right, I love 'em, especially the 80's symbiote cover, so I picked up a set especially after learning the availability ratios for the retailers

What were the ratios? I havent found a store yet that had them!

1:15 or was it 1:10

they weren't ratio'd stores had to exceed 150% of their orders on issue ___________ (can't remember which one) of amazing spider-man and then they could order as many of the through the years variant sets as they wanted.

(according to Matt Baums worthpoint blog)

last I looked midtown was out of the 80s cover but still had the other 4 for sale ($5.09/ea last I looked)

700 will be sayonara, MJ. :gossip:

Want to make a friendly wager that you are wrong?

I say they resurrect Gwen Stacy so they can bring back the Archie-Betty-Veronica thing.

Sure. What are you thinking? (thumbs u :grin:

I have to say that I pretty much hated the art throughout. What is it with this horrible bigfoot style? I just don't get it.

Overall though, somewhat like the recent Hawkeye number 1, the writing overcomes any problems with the art.

William Shakespeare couldn't overcome the dead dog's maggot-infested ass that is Humberto Ramos. Worst artist to ever draw Spider-Man.

I have to say that I pretty much hated the art throughout. What is it with this horrible bigfoot style? I just don't get it.

Overall though, somewhat like the recent Hawkeye number 1, the writing overcomes any problems with the art.

William Shakespeare couldn't overcome the dead dog's maggot-infested ass that is Humberto Ramos. Worst artist to ever draw Spider-Man.

Can't argue with that.

So not to detract from the discussion of the art but why does Spider-Man need a sidekick again? I don't like this kid. He's no where near as cool as Miles Morales. And Peter doesn't consider that he would accidently cause someone to have super powers while showing off his experiment? Serious, not excited by this turn of events. But maybe in 100 issues I can learn to accept Alpha insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

So not to detract from the discussion of the art but why does Spider-Man need a sidekick again? I don't like this kid. He's no where near as cool as Miles Morales. And Peter doesn't consider that he would accidently cause someone to have super powers while showing off his experiment?

The experiment was sabotaged.

The kid is supposed to be a ; if you don't like him (I don't), Dan Slott has done his job. :grin:

So not to detract from the discussion of the art but why does Spider-Man need a sidekick again? I don't like this kid. He's no where near as cool as Miles Morales. And Peter doesn't consider that he would accidently cause someone to have super powers while showing off his experiment?

The experiment was sabotaged.

The kid is supposed to be a ; if you don't like him (I don't), Dan Slott has done his job. :grin:

I saw the sabotage part. It just doesn't sit right with me.

Dan did a good job then. The kid is a tool. Hopefully they will recant him or write a story in which his powers were only temporary and they completely fade after 12-24 issues. :grin: