• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Next Villain(s) for Spiderman III will be....

120 posts in this topic

villains that should NOT be in a sequel (unless completely overhauled).

1. Kraven

2. Mysterio

3. Vulture

4. Carnage

5. Tarantula (maybe)

6. Scorpion

7. Rhino

8. The Enforcers

9. Black Cat

10. Chameleon.

Your thoughts?

VZ

I actually like the idea of a Spider-Man sequel with some crossover interplay in its sub-plots. An idea like having a background villain like Morbius that might call out an appearance by Blade would be cool, but likely prohibitive from a licensing standpoint. As for the above list of villains, I woudn't mind seeing the on-screen treatment of some of those villains -- especially Kraven.

what worked so well with Doc Ock was the CGi of the arms (for me anyway) He was fun to watch and done very convincingly. So IMO they should choose a villain with a visual element or style that will be new and fresh. Sandman Iin Hollywood) as cool as he is, has alreday been done in Mummy. Think of avillain with a new "idea". IMO the league of Monsters (Man-Wolf Morbius etc) is out since the most recent try failed (Van Helsing). Kraven though a bit lame might be visually exciting cause Spidey could fight lions and pythons and strange creatures.... maybe...and again with Kraven JJJ could sponsor his hunt of Spidey like in the Ultimate version.

the more I think about it, I think they go with the trilogy approach and finish off the Harry as Hobby storyline, and show MJ and Peter together but parting sadly at the end, and Aunt May confessing she knows Petey is Spidey giving her approval, and Maybe JJJ hires a new villain as a subplot. PLus a few more teases in case Spidey#4 is a go.

also, I believe Warners decided which characters appeared in each Batman film. It was a corporate production of in-house characters they own outright. But for now, Im pretty sure its Avi Arad's show all the way. He has earned Sony's confidence in making hit movies and while SOny has final say which -script gets financed (since its their money), Avi and Raimi are making the decisions.

hey - - if we keep working at this maybe we should send them an invoice for unsolicited creative consultation

But for now, Im pretty sure its Avi Arad's show all the way. He has earned Sony's confidence in making hit movies

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Arad is a SALESMAN who came up to prominence through the his ownership in the toy division, and I doubt he's even read the first 25 issues of ASM.

He has nothing to do with the actual production, outside of cashing a big "producer's check" (ie. the Hollywood Dole) for each Marvel movie. insane.gif

But for now, Im pretty sure its Avi Arad's show all the way. He has earned Sony's confidence in making hit movies

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Arad is a SALESMAN who came up to prominence through the his ownership in the toy division, and I doubt he's even read the first 25 issues of ASM.

He has nothing to do with the actual production, outside of cashing a big "producer's check" (ie. the Hollywood Dole) for each Marvel movie. insane.gif

Joe, since Avi and the writers aren't responsible for the crafting of the movies... who is?

Here's my vote for the next chapter...

Harry adopts his fathers legacy and becomes Hobgoblin.

When Jameson came back from the moon, he (unknowingly) brought back the Venom Symbiote.

The Symbiote attaches to Spider-Man and is worn throughout the movie. acclaim.gif

Spidey battles Gobby through the movie, leading to the death of Harry.

During the battles Peter realizes that the costume is a living entity that is trying to take control of him.

At the end, Spidey clings to the church bell to rid himself of the costume, that reattaches itself to Eddie Brock (Played by The Rock).

I think The Rock would be a hell of a Venom. sumo.gif

**DiceX prepares himself for the ridicule from the forum members.**

boo.gif

sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Joe, since Avi and the writers aren't responsible for the crafting of the movies... who is?

The Sony Development Team, which would include Raimi and some of the writers, along with story analysts and a variety of studio execs.

When Jameson came back from the moon, he (unknowingly) brought back the Venom Symbiote.

The Symbiote attaches to Spider-Man and is worn throughout the movie. acclaim.gif

During the battles Peter realizes that the costume is a living entity that is trying to take control of him.

At the end, Spidey clings to the church bell to rid himself of the costume, that reattaches itself to Eddie Brock (Played by The Rock).

boo.gif

I love it!!! When can I read the -script???

seriously, nicely woven together... leads into #4 seamlessly....

boo.gif

I think that storyline makes excellent sense. It's obvious that the trilogy is building toward Harry v. Peter... and with a symbiote story developing and leading to a "second trilogy"? That would be outstanding, IMHO.

I don't think it will happen, as most casual moviegoers would probably be turned-off to the whole idea of an "alien costume" (hell, it sounds ridiculous as I'm sitting here typing it), but it would make for another cool "rise and fall" sort of thing for Spidey.

"Venom sucks"

Sucks...because he is the only character with any resemblance of originality that has been created in the last 30 years?

Oh...I forgot the Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles.

tongue.gif

The Sony Development Team, which would include Raimi and some of the writers, along with story analysts and a variety of studio execs.

893frustrated.gif

People like Chabon, then? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Joe - - wrong.

Avi is a huuuge Marvel fan! Always has been Did you know he wears the same black shirt with spidey lapel tips every single day???

Its his show - - as long as its working. He lived and breathed the first film into being and received the credit by "those who know" in Hollywood. Afetr it was a smash, and XMen became a hot franchise (also thru his tireless efforts at top quality of story and effects), plus Blade, minus Hulk (not his film, Ang Lee had far more clout at the time) and Punisher (Avi but only a small budget misfire that may yet make money) and DD (same story)

"Venom sucks"

Sucks...because he is the only character with any resemblance of originality that has been created in the last 30 years?

Oh...I forgot the Teenage Muntant Ninja Turtles.

tongue.gif

No, he really does suck. There's nothing "original" about yet another lunatic psycho-killer with a tortured soul. Blech.

The reason why a SYMBIOTE story (maybe NOT Venom) would be good would be because it could again focus on Peter the Man and Spidey the Hero and the differences between (as well as the common ground they share).

Its his show - - as long as its working. He lived and breathed the first film into being and received the credit by "those who know" in Hollywood. Afetr it was a smash, and XMen became a hot franchise (also thru his tireless efforts at top quality of story and effects), plus Blade, minus Hulk (not his film, Ang Lee had far more clout at the time) and Punisher (Avi but only a small budget misfire that may yet make money) and DD (same story)

Funny how Avi "worked tirelessly" on the BOX OFFICE SMASHES, yet the MONEY LOSING DOGS "weren't his movies".

Oh man, this is too rich. 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

When SM 1 came out I'm pretty sure I remember that they said that they signed for two new installments. One with Doc ock and the other with Lizard as the villians! They did introduce Dr. Conners so would make sense for the next villian to be the Lizard.

It would take to long to develop Venom given his history. Carnage would be easier to do for the big screen. I think Sandman would be boring and you wouldn't want his lame character following Doc Ock. It would be hard to capture the essence of Lizard without looking like a B movie creature or a raptor from JP. Now the living Vampire would be awesome since everyone is fascinated by vampires, werewolfs and the like and they could really do some scary things with him.