• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Russ Cochran Comic Art Auctions - a 30 years Retrospective
2 2

1,169 posts in this topic

Terry

These are great posts. The cover to HOF 21 was a personal favorite. Unfortunately the cover was lost over three years ago when I shipped the art to a collector via Fedex. My only claim in over 30 years of dealing with Fedex. Sigh

Terry

These are great posts. The cover to HOF 21 was a personal favorite. Unfortunately the cover was lost over three years ago when I shipped the art to a collector via Fedex. My only claim in over 30 years of dealing with Fedex. Sigh

Thanks, Stephen, glad you're enjoying the thread. (thumbs u

Damn shame about that Ingels cover going AWOL; that was a great one, very intriguing (the horror aspect doesn't always have to be gory to have an effect on the viewer . . . often, it's better to suggest something horrific . . . as is the case with my VOH # 33 cover).

One thing I'm noticing.....with each new catlogue, less and less of the lots are receiving no bids.....truly the infancy of the market, the dawn of the OA Universe.......your middle name should be "Hubble", Terry. Cool stuff. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

These catalogs are a great look into the past. I particularly love looking at the Kamen covers. They are virtually non-existent in today's market with his son Dean buying them up.

.....I know....and so many of the stories atracted no bids at $ 200....things sure have come a long way. Alot of nice Prince Valiants were also passed over....although they were double to triple what much of the other stuff started at. I wish I had bought a nice Frazetta sketch then.....hell, I wish I'd bought one 5 years ago lol GOD BLESS...

Russ would usually offer those items that failed to sell 'For Direct Sale' (either at the original minimum bid price, or lower).

I bought a Neal Adams Superman cover for $75, along with a number of EC stories and one cover, during the course of these post-auction offers.

Russ would usually offer those items that failed to sell 'For Direct Sale' (either at the original minimum bid price, or lower).

I bought a Neal Adams Superman cover for $75, along with a number of EC stories and one cover, during the course of these post-auction offers.

$ 75 for an Adams cover was cheap even then.....in another 10 years from now, it will cost 75 dollars just to go in the same room with an Adams cover. GOD BLESS....