• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I disagree with Overstreet on.....

61 posts in this topic

lol

I understand where you are coming from, but TTA #27 to get your point across maybe isn't the best idea. I highly doubt the owner of a TTA #27 in 9.2 would even sell the book for $20,000 right now. I know I wouldn't.

And TOS #39 in 9.2 might fetch double the OS price of #32,000.

I remember a sale of TTA #27 in 9.4 for $50,000 a year or so ago somewhere.

OSPG rocks, but it's just a guide, like an MSRP of sorts.

I understand that the demand for a TOS 39 is far greater than a TTA 27.

However, looking at the supply available, There are 19 copies of TOS 39 graded above 9.2

and 13 copies graded at 9.2 for a total of 32 books.

The TTA has 2 9.4's and 1 9.2 so unless one of the three owners is willing to part with their copy the book can't be acquired at any price. Therefore, the selling price for each book in 9.2 might be somewhat closer than many believe.

Completely respect this argument. The issue is not that scarce though from an overall perspective there's like 12 on ebay right now. If you want to use scarce in high grade....so are a lot of *key* issues from that period.

Since we're on the subject of small superheroes - when is the Atom going to get some love? OPG 9.2 value Showcase #34 $3,000....CGC population report is exactly the same as TTA 27 for 9.0s and 9.2s - except there's 1 more Showcase 34 in 9.4 ... = $17,000 price difference? (shrug)

Wait, what am I complaining about - I can snag this baby for $3000 measly bones.... what am I waiting for?

Since we're on the subject of small superheroes - when is the Atom going to get some love? OPG 9.2 value Showcase #34 $3,000....CGC population report is exactly the same as TTA 27 for 9.0s and 9.2s - except there's 1 more Showcase 34 in 9.4 ... = $17,000 price difference? (shrug)

Wait, what am I complaining about - I can snag this baby for $3000 measly bones.... what am I waiting for?

Jump on that before the whole world knows. :wishluck:

Think the world already knows.

( 9.4 ) Slobodian Pedigree - (1) $24,000 - - $24,000 May-2011

Sarcasm doesn't work well over the internet. ;)

Atom is not a founding member of the Avengers. Marvel rules!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add this:

I agree that Overstreet is wrong on the price of this book. It's worth at least twice the mentioned amount it's listed at in that condition graded...

We're talking big Marvel SA keys here. It's a completely different ballgame and not even remotely comparable to random Atlas or non key early Marvels. Also, TTA #27 is easily the most difficult in grade of those keys and it's not even close.

Overstreet is always wrong on the big Marvel SA keys, and it's not because they under value them.

The fact remains that people are paying more than the amount you seem to think is over valued.

You may not like or appreciate Ant-Man (doubt you have read any of the Lee/Kirby stuff), but thinking Overstreet overvalues the book when people are paying multiples of that price is just plain silly. Just. Plain. Silly.

People pay mutliples of a lot of Overstreets prices, so that proves nothing. That book however, seems to be one of the books that gets the love from Overstreet tho...

That book does get love from Overstreet. The reason being is that it also gets love from the people who are willing to buy it.

If you say Overstreet overvalues this particular book. Then I say, people pay more than the "overvalued" price, therefore it is not overvalued, but instead undervalued. What point are you making by saying "People pay mutliples of a lot of Overstreets prices, so that proves nothing".

I don't understand this line of thinking. (shrug)

You're talking about comic values. It's pretty cut and dry when you look at realized sales.

We're talking OPG here, right - not real world prices? ....real world prices - I can't believe I just said that :facepalm:

It has been suggested to me that I start a new thread on things I disagree with in our bible, the Overstreet Price Guide. So if anyone else would like to vent on stuff they just never understood, please post!

I'm just gonna throw this out there....

Tales to Astonish 27 NM- ($20,000)

We're talking about Ant-Man for crying out loud....a very forgetable hero. Is it because it's a rare issue n NM? Kirby at his finest? Compared to a 32,000 price for Iron Man's first appearance in ToS it's not that far away when we get to those high numbers,,,,,,,Maybe it's an early superhero out of the Pre-Hero decade? I don't get it!!! This has bothered me for twenty years or so. Maybe Overstreet is the only one who likes it and since it's his price guide he gets to set it high?

I apologize TTA fans who own NM copies of TTA 27 if you feel insulted.

Thanks!

How about if a CGC 9.2 copy sold for $45,000 about 2 years ago?

I personally like TTA 35 more than TTA 27 (I like both, but 35 is more of the Key for me).

So as the movie approaches which one is going to jump more in price?

BTW, did they ever post the 1 minute of Antman test footage that they showed at SDCC on youtube? I really wanted to see that.

I wonder if early Atom sales will be affected at all by the Antman movie?

So as the movie approaches which one is going to jump more in price?

Who cares. Buy what you like.

lol

I was trying hard to get higher grade copies of both, but then Marvel had to go and confirm that the movie is coming out and now it's going to be nearly impossible to get what I want. Did you see the jump in price right after SDCC?

It has been suggested to me that I start a new thread on things I disagree with in our bible, the Overstreet Price Guide. So if anyone else would like to vent on stuff they just never understood, please post!

I'm just gonna throw this out there....

Tales to Astonish 27 NM- ($20,000)

We're talking about Ant-Man for crying out loud....a very forgetable hero. Is it because it's a rare issue n NM? Kirby at his finest? Compared to a 32,000 price for Iron Man's first appearance in ToS it's not that far away when we get to those high numbers,,,,,,,Maybe it's an early superhero out of the Pre-Hero decade? I don't get it!!! This has bothered me for twenty years or so. Maybe Overstreet is the only one who likes it and since it's his price guide he gets to set it high?

I apologize TTA fans who own NM copies of TTA 27 if you feel insulted.

Thanks!

How about if a CGC 9.2 copy sold for $45,000 about 2 years ago?

Yes, but you know people can pay what they want and single issue sales are not good measures above our below guide. If 20 more issues in 9.2 were found would they still pay that? So we are talking scarce in high grade which drives anything up...

think the answer to my question though is that Ant-Man is just popular with fans and collector's.

I'll still scratch my head, but recognize we all have our likes and dislikes...I consider this topic closed :-P But please friends post anythign else that annoys you :-)

NYX #3. OSPG lists it at $8 NM. It's been a $50-$70+ book ($150-$200 graded) for almost two years everywhere online.

However, I wasn't complaining when my LCS sold me one six months ago for $8 :banana: