• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sharpening the Image: My Latest Writing Project!

1 post in this topic

As many of you may know, I've been slowly working on gathering information about Image Comics and buying up a bunch of back issues over the past few months as a part of a project I've been working on. Well, today is the start of a regular column I'll be writing for Sequart.com that takes a look at a number of the original titles (Youngblood, Spawn, Pitt, Shadowhawk, etc) as well as many of the series that were published by Image in the years to follow (Walking Dead, Invincible, Mice Templar, etc) entitled Sharpening the Image. Admittedly, I'm probably a little "rough" on many of the initial titles because... well, they're not exactly on the same par as many of the books Image is currently publishing. :) Ultimately, these columns will serve as drafts to what may become a more fleshed out and developed book on the subject. And honestly, I'm hoping to get some feedback from readers about--whether it's constructive criticism about the content or additional insights on the topic at hand.

I'll continue updating my "Mac Man's Reviews" thread when each new column comes out (probably one every week or so) just so I'm not spamming the forum with multiple threads. And to those of you who've helped in various ways--from hooking me up with some books, contributing to my Image-related threads, or just letting me bounce some ideas off you--it's much appreciated!

So I hope some of you will check this out in the weeks to come!

-Forrest