• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

You seen the second DD trailer already?

9 posts in this topic

I downloaded the trailer from Apple as well. I actually like it a lot better than the first one. It gives more back story. I think some of the fight scenes look amazing and the impression I got from the second trailer is that Kingpin is more the villian and Bullseye is secondary (his henchman?). The trailers also plays up the romantic aspect between DD and Jennifer Garner... oops I mean Elecktra.

I hope I see the trailer in front of a movie soon (always like it better on the big screen) and I think I'll definitely see the movie. I know a lot of comic people have badmouthed the movie especially since Ben Affleck was chosen, but I think it still looks good.

Wow, that 2nd trailer does indeed look much improved and has raised my expectations for the quality of the film.

Box-office wise, my forecast remains the same: around $150 million in worldwide grosses, with $200 million being the upper bound. The character does not have the recognition of a Batman or Spider-Man and also the movie is being released in February, not the time of year when blockbusters are released.

For reference, here are the worldwide box office grosses of some recent films that probably appeal to a good portion of the same demographic that will go see Daredevil:

The Bourne Identity: $197.3 million

The Sum of All Fears: $177.1 million

The Scorpion King: $163.7 million

Road to Perdition: $161.4 million

Blade 2: $150.1 million

The Time Machine: $123.2 million

"Hollywood" Gene

I think it looks TREMENDOUS! Did you catch the nifty little cameo at the beginning of the clip? I had to stop it twice to catch who the old man was young Matt Murdock prevented from crossing the street...

I'd say the X-Men's revenues are a great indicator; it made $157 million.

I wouldn't expect Daredevil to make as much as X-Men. He has never achieved the popularity of Wolverine and the gang in comics. My guess is around $125 million.

I believe it would've made less had Daredevil been the first Marvel movie out of the gate, but now that they've whetted people's appetities with X-Men and Spider-Man, I expect more people who wouldn't have gone before will give Daredevil a shot.