• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Total newbie in need of some direction...

6 posts in this topic

Hi everybody! First post here :)

OK, so this is probably addressed... somewhere. But I really can't seem to find it. Basically, I'm looking for a rundown of how exactly the whole SS thing works at a Con. Sorry if I'm asking a pretty stupid question, but I'm planning on going to NYCC which will be my first con ever, and I'm just not really "getting" the whole process, I guess? So if someone wants to give me a quick rundown, i.e. how you arrange each signing with CGC witnesses, etc... I'd be quite grateful.

Also, how do you guys pack your books that you bring with you? I don't have a ton, I'll probably only be bringing 5-10. Mainly I'm just hoping to get my Saga #1 RRP double signed by Vaughn/Staples. That would make my life.

Your best bet would be to find a facilitator that will be at the show and arrange to drop your books off with them. I have found this to be the easiest way because they can get the books done while I am actually enjoying the convention. Also there is a sticky thread at the top that shows a great step by step for prepping your books for a signing.

Your best bet would be to find a facilitator that will be at the show and arrange to drop your books off with them. I have found this to be the easiest way because they can get the books done while I am actually enjoying the convention. Also there is a sticky thread at the top that shows a great step by step for prepping your books for a signing.

+1 But if you REALLY want to be there when the book is signed, you'll have to stop at the CGC booth first to grab a witness.

Downside:they might, big might, be really busy and you miss your window, depending on the scenario

I'm a newbie also and just wanna ask if taking pictures when the comic get sign or sketch can be use as prove for CGC signatures series?

No. Only comics that are signed in front of an authorized witness are eligible for CGC SS. That's it. Nothing else.

Are facilitators the same people as witnesses, or are they some kind of third party?