• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miller Mazzucchelli Daredevil Born Again page

9 posts in this topic

Just my opinion about this and the other thread.

At least put "accepting offers over XX", this narrows it already down.

Me personaly, I dont even bother making offers on items that just say "make offer".

That's true. It will also help the seller.

He won't have to wade through tons and tons of lowball offers.

There's nothing worse than offering up a quality piece of art, especially Frank Miller-involved, and having someone offer you a tiny fraction of its actual worth.

Just my opinion about this and the other thread.

At least put "accepting offers over XX", this narrows it already down.

Me personaly, I dont even bother making offers on items that just say "make offer".

It helps both sides.

The seller isn't insulted by low-ball offers . . .

. . . and the prospective buyer knows if he can afford to pursue the art.

There's nothing worse than offering up a quality piece of art, especially Frank Miller-involved, and having someone offer you a tiny fraction of its actual worth.

Apparently, that's me! That's me!

And I didn;t know I was lowballing. Someone (not this seller) told me these pages are going for more than $5K privately. Is this true? if so, this one has DD AND Cap, so it could be pricey.

Apparently, that's me! That's me!

And I didn;t know I was lowballing.

That happens to everyone. We all can't know the intricacies of every market. You can't be blamed for that.

It's not like you emailed him trying to buy it while telling him that you knew everything about the market for this piece, analyzing his piece to the last ink line, and then giving him an offer 80% below market value...as some guys are known to do.

Someone (not this seller) told me these pages are going for more than $5K privately. Is this true? if so, this one has DD AND Cap, so it could be pricey.

Wow! I have been paying close attention to the market for these pages and I hadn't heard that, at all, in any way, from anyone.

Wow! I have been paying close attention to the market for these pages and I hadn't heard that, at all, in any way, from anyone.

I got that info from a boardie who PM'ed me and we discussed this sale. He mentioned this past year when he tossed out the figure.

Maybe he will chime in, but I am not comfortable outing my "source". I am also not too comfortable posting this on tony's thread, but... (shrug)