• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Philly Comic BBQ

71 posts in this topic

I had some of the Philly area comic guys over to my house yesterday for an afternoon of BBQ, beer, and comics. Big thanks to Ciorac, Larryw7, BB-Gun and my buddy David for a memorable day of funny books!

My buddy David (non-boardie) wonders why he's never heard of Special Edition Comics while Larry (Larryw7 aka DoibyDickles) prepares to peruse another stack of golden age goodness.

IMG_4629.jpg

The menu looked pretty good at Red Fury's BBQ this weekend. We admired his collection of All Star recreations by Hasen and Moldoff.

7866310446_c9cf7fd7c4_b.jpg

He showed us some comics and pulps. I tried to put the Wonder Woman 1 back in the box with my comics but Bill was watching too closely.

7866311290_e22272e221_b.jpg

Todd had a lot of comics I wanted such as the Powerhouse Pepper. :cloud9:

7866313408_234286e2da_b.jpg

I transferred these comments from BZ's Geppi museum thread.

Picked up this AWESOME Shelly Moldoff All-Star 3 recreation from Bill. I've been bugging him to sell it to me on a weekly basis for a year and a half. He finally caved. :grin:

IMG_4633.jpg

All of the work by Shelly is really impressive.

Picked up this AWESOME Shelly Moldoff All-Star 3 recreation from Bill. I've been bugging him to sell it to me on a weekly basis for a year and a half. He finally caved. :grin:

IMG_4633.jpg

Yeah, that was awesome. In fact, all of the cover recreations and art you had was fantastic.