• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Showcase 22

22 posts in this topic

This issue is usually worth slabbing. Nice book with what appears to be some nice page quality. At a glance it looks like it is in the 4.0 range. It would definitely present better with a press, maybe even raise the grade a notch.

I'm not sure CGC automatically does anything, and I've heard they ease up on golden age goodness.

Isn't this book silver age? Being as it is the first apperance of the silver age Green Lantern... lol

I say 3.5/4.0 definetly in that range with a press.

Haha, my point still is true.....it just may not apply to this book.

I'm not sure CGC automatically does anything, and I've heard they ease up on golden age goodness.

Isn't this book silver age? Being as it is the first apperance of the silver age Green Lantern... lol

I say 3.5/4.0 definetly in that range with a press.

Haha, my point still is true.....it just may not apply to this book.

Touché

Not to be a :censored: , but without a press I think a 1.5 or 1.8 is a more realistic grade CGC would give this book. Lots of crinkles in that cover.

It's still a really cool Showcase 22 and I love low grade copies! (thumbs u

if you click on my registry set below you'll see pictures of my FF #1 CGC 1.5, Hulk #1 CGC 1.5, and X-Men #1 CGC 3.0 to compare your book to since they are from the same time period. Good luck and nice book!

A press would bump 1/2 to 1 point I think if they can do a really nice job. This is a no brainer to slab after that as it is a high ticket book in a slab! Good luck!

I need to get a better pic of the cover uploaded. The guy I bought I from was trying to sell me a GL1 with obvious color touch ups on the cover (well an attempt of color touch up with a magic marker lol) so I am a little concerned about restorations on this book somewhere.