• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bound comics

64 posts in this topic

I have just over 100 bindings and am working on probably another 100. My bindings are made of actual original comics, reprints, and TPBs. This gives me FF4 #1-600, Avengers #1-500, UXMN #1-300, X-Men Vol 2 #1-100, X-Force #1-100, Silver Surfer #1-100, entire run of Justice Machine vol 1, entire run of All-star Squadron, and much more from the 70's to present.

I was able to do some of my 70s bindings by collecting up issues that were in VG-F or better and even coverless. Some of the issues I got were right ugly, like my Marvel Double Feature binding, but when it came out in a binding it looked great. I have even used damaged hardcover books and even some falling apart. I picked up some TPBs of Elf Quest at a yard sale that were damaged and/or falling apart that came out great.

It isn't about taking your gold and silver investments to send for binding. It's about taking runs of books that you enjoy reading and binding them so that they have the look, feel, and readability of a hard cover book or omnibus. I can read my books without damaging them. I am just finishing up with a bound I made up of Megalith from Continuity comics. I also did one of Ms Mystic.

Also, some titles that may not sell very well singly will more than likely sell as a bound book.

I get my books done for $17.50 per book for up to 2" in thickness. Way less than buying new TPBs.

I love this :applause:

I have just over 100 bindings and am working on probably another 100. My bindings are made of actual original comics, reprints, and TPBs. This gives me FF4 #1-600, Avengers #1-500, UXMN #1-300, X-Men Vol 2 #1-100, X-Force #1-100, Silver Surfer #1-100, entire run of Justice Machine vol 1, entire run of All-star Squadron, and much more from the 70's to present.

I was able to do some of my 70s bindings by collecting up issues that were in VG-F or better and even coverless. Some of the issues I got were right ugly, like my Marvel Double Feature binding, but when it came out in a binding it looked great. I have even used damaged hardcover books and even some falling apart. I picked up some TPBs of Elf Quest at a yard sale that were damaged and/or falling apart that came out great.

It isn't about taking your gold and silver investments to send for binding. It's about taking runs of books that you enjoy reading and binding them so that they have the look, feel, and readability of a hard cover book or omnibus. I can read my books without damaging them. I am just finishing up with a bound I made up of Megalith from Continuity comics. I also did one of Ms Mystic.

Also, some titles that may not sell very well singly will more than likely sell as a bound book.

I get my books done for $17.50 per book for up to 2" in thickness. Way less than buying new TPBs.

Me too. :applause:

Me too. :applause:

.. and of course, me too :applause: