• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help grading this Incredible Hulk #1

23 posts in this topic

Heavy wear on spine, complete inside. spine has some parts split, with tape on inside cover holding it. any chance this could make a 2 grade?

what do you think some moderate restoration could get it to? a 5-6? or would it be worth pressing and slabbing as is?

IH1-1.jpg

IH2-1.jpg

Looks like a lot of splitting there. It helps the viewer if you measure the total length of the actual spits. Not to the exact milimeter, but maybe in 1/4"-1/2" increments.

Pressing won't help this and IMHO I don't think restoration is warranted. I'm not sure, but the money you'd spend would go better to just buy a nicer copy :shrug:

I'd call this 1.5

1.0 if a third of the spine is split.

I'm going to crush this and say 1.0

There's just too much of the spine missing for me to entertain a higher grade. Still a cool book with the central imagery intact.

That was my thoughts exactly.

complete spin split. only thing holding the cover to the book is interior tape.

That is not how I read your original post - I read it to say the spine had _some_ splits which were sealed by interior tape.

A full split = 1.0, tape or not.

I have said it before. At this level its all about eye appeal. Regardless of what any number CGC puts on it, the book has eye appeal and enough of it. This book will sell today for $2000+- Dont bother slabin' it. If the spine hasnt any major split, I'll go 2.0 tops