• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2000 and on!

3 posts in this topic

After the 90's comic craze with certain issues being printed in the several hundred thousand or million plus range (Spawn #1, Spider-Man #1, etc...) which crippled the comic/slash fly by night sellers at the time due to over ordering and yes greed during that period...

What do others think about the modern comics of today or basically from 2000 or so on as production overall is much lower for most mainstream titles as compared to many even going back to late 60's, granted more comics are being kept in better condition today! Just curious about input from others!

I seem to remember reading that late 1998 through to end 2000 was the absolute low-point for ASM sales-wise.

I pulled my Standard Catalog and issues #15 through to #21 (V2) have a max Diamond preorder of 52.000 issues

Up to #29 the numbers drop even more, with #28 having a mere 48.500 issues preordered....

The series was in deep-deep trouble back then and not a lot of people were buying it....

And there's always a buyer for ASM #430 - #441...lots of Spidey completionists out there that dropped out after the clone saga and only returned with the buzz around the JMS run or the 911 issue...

And this is Amazing Spider-man, one of the most collected titles out there..

Chromium,

I agree! At times think some people question HOT titles currently such as Walking Dead being so high priced as far as issue #1, but when you factor in production level for that book as compared to say ASM #300 it makes you think!