• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #1 Gatefold Cover

44 posts in this topic

Ok, let's take a shot.. :wishluck:

I want an X-men #1 from the 1963 series. It is my grail. :whee:

Nothing extravagent, maybe a 2.5-3.0..

I'd like to offer up a means to achieve that goal, that will benefit me, and hopefully be fun for you and in the long run build camaraderie. :shy:

I have 78 copies of X-Men #1 Gatefold in mostly NM condition. :screwy:

I'd like to sell each one for $17 shipped. :angel:

Wait!! :popcorn:

What does $17 shipped buy since we all know that it's not worth that much? :banana:

Well, you are helping me achieve a goal, which is priceless right? :golfclap:

I will also bring the 1963 X-Men #1 to all -CONS that I go to, and each person that buys the gatefold edition from me will sign the slab. Ultimately, there will be 78 signatures, and I will get it reholdered and keep the old slab for prosperity, hanging on the wall, in recognition of all those that helped. :cloud9:

For an addition $2, I will even sign the front cover, thereby granting a Qualified Green Label if you ever decide to slab it, and knowing that there are 500,000 copies out there, yours will be only 1 of X signed.. (worship)

Will you help and post the :takeit:

Oh, and if the goal is not met, I will refund you your money, minus $1 shipping, which means you get a free book. :)

:news: Anyone who purchases one will receive 5% off any purchase from me over $100 FOREVER!

xmengf1.jpg

Not to threadkrap, but I don't really see this as a salesthread, so basically you would like 78 of us to contribute $17 to your collecting goal?

That's cool, but folks here usually have lost their job, have a seriously ill uninsured relative, have become disabled, lost their home, etc. before going that route.

Good luck.

I have to agree that this isn't really the right forum at all for this type of post. I mean this is a $2 comic at best, really this thread is nothing more than trying to get the boards to buy you a copy of a key book.

Not really sure why we as a group should buy you a key book....

I want the cover from the 1963 version and i'm in. In other news, i'm thinking of starting a thread where everyone on the boards gives me $150 for a Youngblood #1. I will allow every one to sign the case when i get the Captain America Comics #1 i've always wanted. Then i will let one lucky person be the holder of the case once i remove the book from the case with a bunch of annoying writing on it. You guys all get comradery and i get a book i've always wanted to have, but couldn't justify the price! WIN-WIN!!!!

I have to agree that this isn't really the right forum at all for this type of post. I mean this is a $2 comic at best, really this thread is nothing more than trying to get the boards to buy you a copy of a key book.

Not really sure why we as a group should buy you a key book....

$2? 25 cents . . . . and I'm usually the guy who says something really isn't a quarter box book.

Anyway, to the OP, I apologize from krapping on your thread (though I am not alone), my wife had just spent 30 minutes screaming at me about this 'n that so I was in a foul mood last night.

There is probably a way to make these $17 books...like maybe getting a sketch on the covers from various artists at shows you go to...though Jim Lee won't be so easy.

I want the cover from the 1963 version and i'm in. In other news, i'm thinking of starting a thread where everyone on the boards gives me $150 for a Youngblood #1. I will allow every one to sign the case when i get the Captain America Comics #1 i've always wanted. Then i will let one lucky person be the holder of the case once i remove the book from the case with a bunch of annoying writing on it. You guys all get comradery and i get a book i've always wanted to have, but couldn't justify the price! WIN-WIN!!!!

I would really like a new car to transport my comics in that is big enough for my wife, kids and various free loading passangers. I have a Toyota Highlander or Buick Enclave in mind. So, I'm about $40,000 short.

I have about 100 copies of Thor 339 (and if I don't I can get them). They are rather minty. So, for $400 each you can get a Thor 339 with a cool Beta Ray Bill sketch on the cover "after" Simonson. Each will be a unique work of art from your's truly. As I am an award winning artist who has regularly sold his work (I sold one of my water colors at my last yard sale...although I am pretty sure she was mainly interested in the frame) to high end collectors near and far, this unique collectible is sure to go up in value.

This seems reasonable. I'm in for 29 copies as long as you don't personalize the sketches. Please check out my "I need a space ship, so buy my X-force #1 for $500,000 thread. If we all buy from each other's threads we can all get what we want! Also, Comradery!!!!!

I would really like a new car to transport my comics in that is big enough for my wife, kids and various free loading passangers. I have a Toyota Highlander or Buick Enclave in mind. So, I'm about $40,000 short.

I have about 100 copies of Thor 339 (and if I don't I can get them). They are rather minty. So, for $400 each you can get a Thor 339 with a cool Beta Ray Bill sketch on the cover "after" Simonson. Each will be a unique work of art from your's truly. As I am an award winning artist who has regularly sold his work (I sold one of my water colors at my last yard sale...although I am pretty sure she was mainly interested in the frame) to high end collectors near and far, this unique collectible is sure to go up in value.

He's basically selling a comic for $17. He's explained his reasons why he's selling at that price, as he thinks it may help with his sale. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. He hasn't misrepresented anything, he's followed the forum posting rules.

If you want to buy the comic, great. If you don't, you don't need jump all over him publicly IN HIS SALE THREAD. He didn't do anything harmful to you or anyone by posting his offer.

He's basically selling a comic for $17. He's explained his reasons why he's selling at that price, as he thinks it may help with his sale. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. He hasn't misrepresented anything, he's followed the forum posting rules.

If you want to buy the comic, great. If you don't, you don't need jump all over him publicly IN HIS SALE THREAD. He didn't do anything harmful to you or anyone by posting his offer.

I am still holding out hope! :wishluck:

Thank you.