• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #1 Gatefold Cover

44 posts in this topic

He's basically selling a comic for $17. He's explained his reasons why he's selling at that price, as he thinks it may help with his sale. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. He hasn't misrepresented anything, he's followed the forum posting rules.

If you want to buy the comic, great. If you don't, you don't need jump all over him publicly IN HIS SALE THREAD. He didn't do anything harmful to you or anyone by posting his offer.

[font:Book Antiqua]Agree...[/font]

(thumbs u

You're right ; he is following the rules. My bad for joking. I thought he was joking. GOODluckWITHtheSALE

He's basically selling a comic for $17. He's explained his reasons why he's selling at that price, as he thinks it may help with his sale. Maybe it helps, maybe it doesn't. He hasn't misrepresented anything, he's followed the forum posting rules.

If you want to buy the comic, great. If you don't, you don't need jump all over him publicly IN HIS SALE THREAD. He didn't do anything harmful to you or anyone by posting his offer.

[font:Book Antiqua]Agree...[/font]

(thumbs u

I want the cover from the 1963 version and i'm in. In other news, i'm thinking of starting a thread where everyone on the boards gives me $150 for a Youngblood #1. I will allow every one to sign the case when i get the Captain America Comics #1 i've always wanted. Then i will let one lucky person be the holder of the case once i remove the book from the case with a bunch of annoying writing on it. You guys all get comradery and i get a book i've always wanted to have, but couldn't justify the price! WIN-WIN!!!!

That's ridiculous, $200 at least :takeit:

+1111

It is a request for donations of $17 or $19 to help buy a neat comic. The fact that a worthless comic (or 78 of them) is being tossed in to the mix is a red herring. So I don't think I am alone in looking at this as not really being a sales thread. While he is certainly entitled to ask for these donations and lord knows there are plenty of donation threads here (some of which I have contributed to over the years) and I hate being a do*u*che (although it helps when 10 or so other people do the same), but if the sales forum becomes 150 of these sorts of threads it becomes a problem.

Yes, I know, where do we draw the line? It is very subjective, but it's not like anyone here is going to take him up on this offer unless you do.

Anyway, I'm done with this, I know I should not have butted in, although I do think there are ways to make this offer (with some tweaks) so that the value might approach the $17 requested and it might be a success.

Money back minus $1 shipping if i dont achieve the goal has already been stated.

And a lifetime 5% off on purchases over $100.

Im open to suggestions like sketches by the artists and what ever else, but being rude and dumping on the thread is uncalled for.

Simply put, what ever you think if this thread, and of this offer, can be kept to yourself by simply not pushing the "submit" button after typing out your long winded idiotic scenarios.

Thank you.

long winded idiotic scenarios.

Uncalled for. I apologized. Blob apologized. I sincerely thought you were joking as i didn't think anyone would make a thread like this sincerely. I actually thought it was kind of funny, but calling people idiotic isn't going to help you get your donations.

Money back minus $1 shipping if i dont achieve the goal has already been stated.

And a lifetime 5% off on purchases over $100.

Im open to suggestions like sketches by the artists and what ever else, but being rude and dumping on the thread is uncalled for.

Simply put, what ever you think if this thread, and of this offer, can be kept to yourself by simply not pushing the "submit" button after typing out your long winded idiotic scenarios.

Thank you.

I agree - come on guys really?? Let the guy try. :makepoint:

Crazier ideas have worked ... more power to you.

Shine on you crazy diamond... shine on :headbang:

lol

Maybe a celebrity-based sales thread, with zany contests to boot?

Yeah right... er .... hey wait a minute hm

7892012674_c12bcf7f61_z.jpg

I'm with Rupp on this one - I don't see the problem. Rock on, and keep it entertaining.

UPDATE!! $17 also gets the book delivered as posted above!!..

:jokealert:

I'd pay $17 for that.