• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE FIRE!

70 posts in this topic

GL_Cv0_PREVIEWS_final2_0.jpg

what the spoon is that? i'm sure because it's Geoff Johns it'll be awesome (or it'll suck)

Quick question:

Why is the first Arab-American Lantern pointing a gun at the audience?

Is it a test to see if the audience casts a stereotype onto the character before knowing him?

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it and I went back to look and a laughed my head off. Shocking! :o

I hope that it was not intentional and that DC will issue a press release apologizing for its depiction of arab american GL as a gun toater. It is very disapointing but unfortunately not a surprise in light of what we hear from certain media outlets in the US on a daily basis.

I hope that it was not intentional and that DC will issue a press release apologizing for its depiction of arab american GL as a gun toater. It is very disapointing but unfortunately not a surprise in light of what we hear from certain media outlets in the US on a daily basis.

Oh I think it was. Controversy brings in the sales.

Oh I think it was. Controversy brings in the sales.

+1 We're talking about it aren't we? If it promotes discussion it'll sell books - bottom line.

>>I'm guessing he has a vested interest in what's "hot" or not also.<<

Ummm, Yes Sir.

I have operated a comic book shop for the last 24 years, I do indeed have a "vested interest in what's "hot" or not also."

Truth.

Going forward, I will only post in one thread.

i like you man haha.. some of these people trip me out.. they have so much of no life to just sit on here and be a clown.. if its gonna be a hit and people have the knowledge of the future i think it should be shared.. moderns heating up has so many different paths and mostly talks about already been released books.. i wanna know the future! comics are super hot right now and in this game you have to be on top of EVERYTHING!

lol

Most ridiculous post of the month

>>I'm guessing he has a vested interest in what's "hot" or not also.<<

Ummm, Yes Sir.

I have operated a comic book shop for the last 24 years, I do indeed have a "vested interest in what's "hot" or not also."

Truth.

Going forward, I will only post in one thread.

i like you man haha.. some of these people trip me out.. they have so much of no life to just sit on here and be a clown.. if its gonna be a hit and people have the knowledge of the future i think it should be shared.. moderns heating up has so many different paths and mostly talks about already been released books.. i wanna know the future! comics are super hot right now and in this game you have to be on top of EVERYTHING!

wait till he breaks out the racist jokes, hes a knee slapper