• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 52 get your hands on it

92 posts in this topic

I think this issue in high grade has taken a beating lately because the market has been flooded with them. Probably better to wait until after the movie to buy one especially if it turns out to be a dog.

I have my doubts that this movie will ever happen, and we just went thorough this two months ago and the rumor was shot down.

The "hype" sure didn't help the copy I had in the Comiclink auction. :P

FF 52 has been a great buy for going on two decades now. I bought four 8.5 to 9.6 copies in 2001 and 2002 and still have them all. I wasn't hoarding it intentionally, I just kept finding slight upgrades and kept buying them until I eventually landed a 9.6 during the biggest stroke of eBay luck I've ever had. It's one of the top Silver Marvel semi-keys and has been for a while due to the great cover that is a bit harder in grade since it has so much black ink. I don't expect a film based upon Black Panther to affect its value much because I assume it'll get a second-tier director and get mixed or negative reviews, but perhaps I'll be surprised and it'll be great. (shrug)

I like your style.. I tend to do the same thing.. hehehehe.. will to sell one of them possibly the 8.5.. lol...

I think this issue in high grade has taken a beating lately because the market has been flooded with them. Probably better to wait until after the movie to buy one especially if it turns out to be a dog.

I have my doubts that this movie will ever happen, and we just went thorough this two months ago and the rumor was shot down.

The "hype" sure didn't help the copy I had in the Comiclink auction. :P

If it does get made are we talking about 4 years from now?

Iron Man 3 =2013

Thor 2 =2013

Captain America 2 =2014

Guardians of the Galaxy = 2014

Antman = 2014/15 ?

Avengers 2 = 2015

That`s one long wait for speculation purposes!

:gossip:

They will probally make a JLA movie before then.

I can't believe they're doing this before Luke Cage.

Rumors were five years ago that John Singleton was ready to go with Tyrese in the role. Of course, that was back when Singleton had a career.

I think Luke Cage could be a good series of TV movies, the kind that show every quarter or so like what they did with Columbo back in the 90s.

I agree. Luke Cage would be a much cooler movie IMO. I'd also be more interested in a Cloak and Dagger movie over the Black Panther. Unless they team him up with other heroes or a bad- villain.. I just don't see the appeal of the Black Panther on his own.

You guys are cwazy. He’s a very solid B-Lister. Guardians, Rocket Racoon, Big Wheel are certainly nowheresville, whereas Panther is the first black superhero, played a regular, strong supporting role in the FF during its heyday, was an Avenger for a long time and has been a prominent player in the new Avengers cartoon. :sumo:

Best policy.  Just kick back and watch the feeding frenzy. Again and again, lately.

It's crazy, isn't it?

All it is, is people running from one book to the next. I don't remember the last time I chased down a "hot" book when buying comics. It might have been a Daredevil #131 back when the original Daredevil movie was released.

Oh sure, I'll sell them if I happen to have them in my inventory but to specifically take the time to chase down one issue over and over?

It's a bigger problem than tape is in the hobby, I'll tell you that.

lol

You guys are cwazy. He’s a very solid B-Lister. Guardians, Rocket Racoon, Big Wheel are certainly nowheresville, whereas Panther is the first black superhero, played a regular, strong supporting role in the FF during its heyday, was an Avenger for a long time and has been a prominent player in the new Avengers cartoon. :sumo:

I agree, Panther is a cool hero.

I always enjoyed drawing him as a kid.

Best policy.  Just kick back and watch the feeding frenzy. Again and again, lately.

It's crazy, isn't it?

All it is, is people running from one book to the next. I don't remember the last time I chased down a "hot" book when buying comics. It might have been a Daredevil #131 back when the original Daredevil movie was released.

Oh sure, I'll sell them if I happen to have them in my inventory but to specifically take the time to chase down one issue over and over?

It's a bigger problem than tape is in the hobby, I'll tell you that.

lol

It does get time consuming one hott comic to the next.. could destroy the hobby as well.. one movie after the next=one comic after the next.. the trend is movie=comic book..

You guys can chase those "hot" books and pay the inflated prices if you want...I mean, is the Raccoon going to be hot in 2 years? Probably not?

Will Spidey, Hulk and the Fantastic Four stay hot? Definitely...trends come and go. I try to stick to the tried and true...tough to get stuck with an big unrealized loss if you do that...

Not sure how such a movie could keep me awake for 2 hours. What are they going to do have him run around the jungle's of Africa negotiating herds of hippo's and wildebeests? meh Who would the villain be, The Yeti?? Set your phasers on "lame". Let's get a Sub-Mariner movie going already.

"lame" = a Sub-Mariner movie

Fixed. He's a secondary character (unless they do a GA Subby)

I'd just be happy to see a flashback in Cap 2 of The Invaders. They already had that quick shot of the original Human Torch in the first movie.

Not sure how such a movie could keep me awake for 2 hours. What are they going to do have him run around the jungle's of Africa negotiating herds of hippo's and wildebeests?

You may not have heard, but human beings also live in Africa--it's not all animals. :gossip:

Some of the worst things human beings have ever done to each other in the history of the planet are still being done in modern Africa, so the opportunity for stories of heroes being told that are set in Africa are absolutely rampant. :whee:

Not sure how such a movie could keep me awake for 2 hours. What are they going to do have him run around the jungle's of Africa negotiating herds of hippo's and wildebeests?

You may not have heard, but human beings also live in Africa--it's not all animals. :gossip:

Some of the worst things human beings have ever done to each other in the history of the planet are still being done in modern Africa, so the opportunity for stories of heroes being told that are set in Africa are absolutely rampant. :whee:

Maybe so...but would the American public go out of their way to see/support this? Probably not