• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurers thread

332 posts in this topic

I don't suppose there's a collected edition with this stuff?

There is. It's called adventurers: chaos gate. It's not easy to find, but I know MCS has a copy for $5.

:foryou: I was feeling invisible!

Anyway I found them yesterday but it's nice to know that they're the real deal... I wasn't so sure.

I mainly collect hardcovers, but I'll have to make an exception for these... I'll probably get the comics though, those covers are all awesome!

I never read any of these before but after reading this thread now i want to. Anyone have an extra run then want to sell. I wouldn't mind buying one of the #1 variants as well.

I have doubles of most of them, but missing a couple. I'd just buy MCS's copy of adventurers:chaos gate ( adventurers 1-10 in TPB form) for 5 bucks. Oh, I see you are looking for a superman adventures 21. There's a sweet copy on eBay with 3 hours to go, and it's only at $4 at the moment.

Dungeon, got any book two doubles or is there a book two compilation? You've got me thinking about giving book two a better try. I gave up after an issue or two.

I think my expectations were just too high after all the love I had for book one.

I didn't find a book 2 compilation, and I looked through some boxes and couldn't find doubles of book 2 except for issue 1 and 0. I'm not sure why? I thought I had more. Again, I'd just go the MCS route and buy each issue for under $2. I think there's only 7 issues in book 2. I really enjoyed it, as I reread it recently. You have to get issue 0, because it's a good preface, as it was with the first series. It's not often I reread a book 26 years after first reading it and enjoying it just as much.

What you may not have realized back in the 80's when you were reading those ads is that Steve Milo, the owner of American Comics/Entertainment, was also the person who was behind the publishing of Adventurers. There's probably a good reason they were touting it as the hottest book out there. That was the subject of the Bad-Venturers mini-comic. Another local DC area comic dealer was making fun of the conflict of interest that it seemed to present.

After thinking about this more, what the guy did was dispicable, but I think the book had legs of its own after people read it. I guess the question is whether or not the book would have taken off without the "help?" That being said, he was careful not to raise the prices of the ones he was selling (as far as I saw) that he had printed, above the cover price. In other words, IF he had been the one who printed the first 2 issues, and was selling #1 at $60 a piece, when the cover price was $1.50... That's more than immoral, it's criminal.

I didn't find a book 2 compilation, and I looked through some boxes and couldn't find doubles of book 2 except for issue 1 and 0. I'm not sure why? I thought I had more. Again, I'd just go the MCS route and buy each issue for under $2. I think there's only 7 issues in book 2. I really enjoyed it, as I reread it recently. You have to get issue 0, because it's a good preface, as it was with the first series. It's not often I reread a book 26 years after first reading it and enjoying it just as much.

Thx!

Loved this book. I have been waiting for a Peter Hsu signing forever. I was lucky enough to buy a compilation of Hsu's Quadrant stories from Juggernaut that is signed. :cloud9:

You have a Hsu signature? I picture him living on a mountain somewhere in Canada. I have A LoT of books for him to sign! 5933db27.jpg

I met him in person at a local con once many years ago. I think I might have his sig myself somewhere. He had a huge oil painting with him but he wanted $2000 for it which might as well have been 2 million for me back then :(

I met him in person at a local con once many years ago. I think I might have his sig myself somewhere. He had a huge oil painting with him but he wanted $2000 for it which might as well have been 2 million for me back then :(
wow. That would have been a sweet purchase. It sounds like the time I tried to talk my dad into buying. NM/M '52 Mantle for $2000, back in '86. He looked at me like I had sprouted another eye. Ah, retrospect...

You have 3 and Aggiez has 1. I triple checked. This is the regular cover I speak of. CGC baffles me sometimes. Yeah, maybe they switched the results. I have a 9.8, and Bosco knows someone who sold 2 of them. You could be right.