• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurers thread

332 posts in this topic

:wishluck:

Good vibes heading your way on that submission.

Thanks. I'm thinking 9.8's, because CGC protects the 9.9/10 grades a lot. One of them is as nice as my 9.9, but you just never know. Hopefully, the graders will have good lunches the day they grade them. It might just be wishful thinking on my part. I'll know a 10 when I see it. They stand out. It's just impossible to find them. One day... :cloud9:

:wishluck:

Good vibes heading your way on that submission.

Thanks. I'm thinking 9.8's, because CGC protects the 9.9/10 grades a lot. One of them is as nice as my 9.9, but you just never know. Hopefully, the graders will have good lunches the day they grade them. It might just be wishful thinking on my part. I'll know a 10 when I see it. They stand out. It's just impossible to find them. One day... :cloud9:

:gossip: 10s are only handed out when the graders "got some" last night.

;)

I am hearing that perhaps some (all?) of the Peter Hsu art from before Kent Burles came on, they had Burles re-do for the graphic novel.

I ordered a graphic novel online so I will post more about this when I know more, but it appears the graphic novel, while it tells the book one story, isn't strictly a reprint and has some new art. :news:

those graphic novels were published right after the series completed, so to the extent it was done, it was done 22 years ago. I guess I will find out soon unless somebody pipes up. I seem to be doing a good job of killing this thread lol

FWIW, the credits here list Burles as the sole artist: http://www.mycomicshop.com/search?TID=22010541

although who knows how accurate they are.

I always thought that, much as I like Hsu's art, Burles was the far better artist. Thoughts? As a Cdn I am proud that both of them are fellow Cdns though as this really is in my top ten 1980s indie comics. Between that and McFarlane and Byrne we've got the market cornered :insane: If only we had that jack kirby fella on our team :tonofbricks:

Come on now Fingh.

Look objectively at the splash I posted of Burles', vs the artwork in adventurers 1 (Hsu's only issue). There's no comparison.

The covers are tough to guage as most of them were joint efforts.