• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventurers thread

332 posts in this topic

well this thread made me go out and buy all of book two for a little readin' material :)
It really is good stuff. I'm going to go back and read book 3, to see if it was as disappointing as I remember. I just remember feeling like the series didn't end correctly. It's time to get Burles (sp?) on the horn.

i have a bunch of the #1, is #2 harder to find? one of my lcses must have had a hoard of these as for a year he'd sprinkle them into his cheapy boxes and i'd grab them whenever. i might have 20 copies.

Anyone know of any published print runs for the various Adventures issues?

Complete mystery. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of any of them, but I think because there hasn't been a demand for them in 25 years. The skeleton cover is definitely harder to find. Short of contacting aircel or the Milo guy (adventurer comics?), I don't think anyone knows.

Well, I guess Mile High gives some of these threads a quick review, as wait until you see what they jumped Adventurers 1 Variant to that a month before was a $5 book.

:P

Either that, or folks keep buying up every issue they post so they are doing the smart thing and boosting the price to account for their continuous 50% off discounts.

Well, I guess Mile High gives some of these threads a quick review, as wait until you see what they jumped Adventurers 1 Variant to that a month before was a $5 book.

Either that, or folks keep buying up every issue they post so they are doing the smart thing and boosting the price to account for their continuous 50% off discounts.

That will end when I stop buying them. :eyeroll:

EDIT: $35? Seriously? I'll sell every non graded copy I have for half that! I bought my 9.9 raw for $2.

Anyone know where to find Barry Blair. He is, or was Aircel. He might be able to answer the print run question. Added some more books to my stable.

rip.gif

Founder Of Aircel Comics, Barry Blair, Dies

Bummer. He ain't talking. I think the guy that actually inked the books is on the boards. If you are, could you shed some light on the print run? Ron Kasman, I presume? And that would be great if this became a Dave Stevens type thread/explosion! This could be coppers version of modern's official WD thread. lol

Sent out 2 more to be graded today. Hoping for that 10!