• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vampirella Oil Painting $40 Shipped

11 posts in this topic

These two oil paintings are sold together. The skulls were a study for me to test out some different types of red paint. The skulls are 8x10 inches on a 10x12 canvas; Vampirella is about 7x10 on a 10x12 inch canvas. Both should have enough border to stretch them; or, you can always just glue them to boards for framing.

The portrait area of the Vampirella is about 1.5x1.5 inches so there was a limit to the amount of detail I could put in. Still a success, I think. It also does not photograph very well, though, sorry.

I might try more of these in future if people like them - even if you don't buy them, I would appreciate feedback! I have only been painting for 4 months, so more opinions will help.

Mio-93.jpg

Mio-x.jpg

Shipping includes tracking and insurance to the EU or North America (add $5 elsewhere).

Oh right, forgot to mention the Vampirella will be dry enough to mail next Tuesday/Wednesday (the skulls were done a few weeks ago).

This was the reference picture I used, changes made to make it easier for me.

vampirella.jpg

Nice shadow work on the skintones on Vampirella. Her left arm looks awkward, but that isn't your fault - the original photograph makes it appear awkward (apparently, no one at Harris believed in doing retouching in 2003). It would have been great for you to take some artistic liberty and fix the arm a bit to improve the composition.

I think you're on the right track if you've only been painting for four months - you've got a good technique on shading, IMHO. Especially on a small board.

Diggler: PM sent.

Dr B: thanks for the feedback, and I see what you mean on the arm - next time!

If anyone is interested in my art progress, my online Gallery has most of my stuff in it (be forewarned I do mostly nudes, so it isn't work safe).

If anyone is interested in my art progress, my online Gallery has most of my stuff in it (be forewarned I do mostly nudes, so it isn't work safe).

Definitely worth checking out. A real treat to look at, I really like your style/technique - and admiration for working with oils!

Diggler: PM sent.

Dr B: thanks for the feedback, and I see what you mean on the arm - next time!

:applause:

Definitely worth checking out. A real treat to look at, I really like your style/technique - and admiration for working with oils!

Thanks for the support! Im glad to have made some good progress the last few months.

I also drop the vampi price to 30 shiiped (35 if tracking is wanted).