• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blama Canada! *edit BLAME

102 posts in this topic

There seems to be heated debate about sellers shipping or not shipping to Canada.

Do you sellers shut the doors to our friends up north? Why? Risks? Shipping costs?

Do US sellers really lose that much of an audience by closing the ports?

And go!

Canadians are either scam artists who will use paypal loopholes to steal, or whiners who will complain about shipping times/costs. And most Americans can't afford the calorie deficit that would result from the effort of having to stand in line at a post office for 10 minutes, and can't take the time away from their busy message board posting schedules to research shipping costs ahead of time and declare them in their auctions, upfront. Additionally, comics are an American art form and should remain on their home soil.

+1

I can tell you I do NOT ship outside of the United States. It is a simple matter of logistics. I ship via US mail and once the package leaves the US; all accurate delivery confirmation and tracking stops. More than likely if a complaint is filed for an item for non-receipt via PayPal; PayPal will rule in favor of the buyer.

I still get buyers ask me 'But why not?' even after I explain this several times. Therefore, I have this listed in all my listings, 'No international bidders. This does include Canada. There are no exceptions to this policy.'

I now ignore all questions posed in relation to this stated fact.

As to your inquiry as to whether or not if affects sales; I can assure you that I still receive top dollar for my items. Keep in mind though, that I sell most of my items on a BUY IT NOW format.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

For the most part I haven't had any problem with shipping to Canada. (shrug)

I clearly state in my eBay auctions that shipping any CGC slab is $24.99 + insurance.

If they pay it I will ship it. (thumbs u

I would ship 1st class, but the USPS doesn't allow insurance or tracking on that.

One time I expressed a ASM #129 CGC 9.6 to a Canadian. We did it off eBay so since the savings of the eBay fees were saved you might as well just express the book so you can have a signature for tracking and the person got it in like 2 days.

Canadian bidders are essential for better sales on eBay. They really love our comics, and for me there really is zero difference between American passion for comic books and Canadian fans. So until I get screwed big time from shipping to Canada I will continue to do so.

Heck as Americans we should help them out for their comic collections, I mean look I feel bad for them they drink milk from a plastic bag and have terrible bacon. :o

I don't ship anywhere else in the world unless it is a boardie I know.

I can tell you I do NOT ship outside of the United States. It is a simple matter of logistics. I ship via US mail and once the package leaves the US; all accurate delivery confirmation and tracking stops. More than likely if a complaint is filed for an item for non-receipt via PayPal; PayPal will rule in favor of the buyer.

I still get buyers ask me 'But why not?' even after I explain this several times. Therefore, I have this listed in all my listings, 'No international bidders. This does include Canada. There are no exceptions to this policy.'

As to your inquiry as to whether or not if affects sales; I can assure you that I still receive top dollar for my items. Keep in mind though, that I sell most of my items on a BUY IT NOW format.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

But why not ship to Canada?

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

Why bother when you are getting top dollar for your items selling them within the US of A on a BUY IT NOW format.

:makepoint:

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

Here's one reason I won't do it.

I recently sold a book for $200. It was to a friend and that was my cost. I hand delivered the book as we met up in Chicago, so no shipping was involved. He didn't have the cash on him and asked if he could Paypal me when he got home. I said sure. Paypal charged over $8 for that transaction. I refunded the Paypal transaction and told him he could pay another way.

In my opinion, an $8 dollar fee to move $200, electronically no less, from one account to another is outrageous.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

I recently sold a book for $200. It was to a friend and that was my cost. I hand delivered the book as we met up in Chicago, so no shipping was involved. He didn't have the cash on him and asked if he could Paypal me when he got home. I said sure. Paypal charged over $8 for that transaction. I refunded the Paypal transaction and told him he could pay another way.

In my opinion, an $8 dollar fee to move $200, electronically no less, from one account to another is outrageous.

I was teasing Mint, but to address your point, if I asked you to ship to me, I would pay the extra fees you incurred. I don't have a problem with sellers requiring that I meet certain conditions before they'll ship to me, because then I can decide whether or not it's worth it for me. But I resent the blanket "no exceptions" stance that sellers take because it's irrational and it takes choices away from me.

The bottom line is Americans don't trust the rest of us.

End of thread.

With their economy in a downward spiral, and with the lower priced US $ giving "internationals" more buying power, they're just shooting themselves in the foot.

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

I was teasing Mint, but to address your point, if I asked you to ship to me, I would pay the extra fees you incurred. I don't have a problem with sellers requiring that I meet certain conditions before they'll ship to me, because then I can decide whether or not it's worth it for me. But I resent the blanket "no exceptions" stance that sellers take because it's irrational and it takes choices away from me.

It's not taking a choice away from you. You didn't have that choice to begin with as the item for sale is not available to be shipped to your country.

End of thread.

With their economy in a downward spiral, and with the lower priced US $ giving "internationals" more buying power, they're just shooting themselves in the foot.

Don't forget they frack for subterranean fissures, and when sinkholes happen, they'll still blame us.

End of thread.

I thinking the reason for not shipping to Canada is now simply moving into the dislike category. hm

From this day forward, I'm only answering PM's from people living outside the US. I have to start thinking about the reciprocity factor of the blanket selfishness trait being demonstrated by US based members who can't be bothered to wait in line at the PO or trust a fellow Canuck.

From this day forward, I'm only answering PM's from people living outside the US. I have to start thinking about the reciprocity factor of the blanket selfishness trait being demonstrated by US based members who can't be bothered to wait in line at the PO or trust a fellow Canuck.

!!!!!!! WAIT !!!!!!! All the bad stuff about Canadians are about people in Ontario

They love us out west we are like family !

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

do you know once your item crosses border you can take tracking number and enter it in canada post website and track from there?

It works from Canada to USA as well

Extend that to only posting on Canadian message boards and I think we'll have ourselves a winner.

:whee:

Respectfully yours,

'mint'

It's not taking a choice away from you. You didn't have that choice to begin with as the item for sale is not available to be shipped to your country.

Love how you focused on the last 6 words of my post, while ignoring its main point.