• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mark Zaid on CNN

26 posts in this topic

Well what is classified info? Is it classified info how the SEALs go up stairs, so now Al Qaida knows how to prepare next time? I mean the government can really shut this guy up and punish Penguin if they want. And it looks like they do from the government announcing they think its classified info.

And a jury may agree, maybe it isnt such a hot idea to talk about how SEAL's do their operations.

Only the Govt can answer this. But I can say that techniques can be very broadly classified. I doubt I will agree with many of the classification determinations, but I can not imagine the USGOVT will not assert the book is replete with such information!

This case will only continue to grow in the coming days.

Mark, is there an argument to be made that the gvmt waived any classified privilege by making the details of the raid so public right after the event?

There is an argument for the information that was officially released, say by the President or VP for example. But it has to be identical in nature. Leaks don't count. By no means will it cover the entire amount of details that are contained in the book.