• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walking Dead Episode 3: Long Road Ahead

30 posts in this topic

I'm kind of looking at it the same as the Choose Your Own Adventure books that were popular when we were young. Different branches led to different thing yet still had the same result in the end.

Are we talking about the books where it says "If you want blah blah blah, go to page x."?

Yes.

This game follows that formula.

I haven't played this game yet but have been thinking about buying it. All this talk about decision making... do you actually get to kill zombies in the game??

Mr. Peabody,

There are various events you can die in.

1. Stick your head in harm's way when people are shooting at you or zombies are looking for you. The sides of the screen gets red to let you know you need to stick your cranium in a safer place.

2. Not re-act in time to a zombie attacking you in a variety of situations.

You do kill zombies, but it's in a scripted way. For example, in EP 1, you have to get a pillow so that the gunshot doesn't atract the attention of others. You can chop off their heads. You also can stick something in their eyeball sockets. You can also slam the door on their heads. But not the way you would in a free roaming game---it all depends on the situation and the method of disposing of them at that point in the story doesn't change. Consider the episode like watching a VCR tape.

Anyone remember the old Sierra games (puzzle) or Dragon's Lair (quick time event/QTE)? You have to solve a mini puzzle or act in a limited time to a situation. It's kinda like that.

Do NOT buy this game thinking you are on a zombie killing spree--this is a human drama---just like the comics and tv show. The fun comes in when you have to be strategic in your communications/comments to others and the impact it has on the game.

I'm kind of looking at it the same as the Choose Your Own Adventure books that were popular when we were young. Different branches led to different thing yet still had the same result in the end.

Are we talking about the books where it says "If you want blah blah blah, go to page x."?

Yes.

Yes, if only for the minor -script dialogue...there are no branching that I've seen yet. For example...in EP 1 there is an innocuous moment where Lee and Clementine are lying down in a barn and Clementine mentions that the barn smells like...

and you can choose from , poopy, etc. In episode 2 in mixed company Clementine will recall that word that you told her. It makes for very creative interactions, albeit so far in a very limited way. Other characters will remember if you sided with them or not, which makes the drama much more intense. But you can't change the direction of the story by throwing someone off the train if you find out they lied, and you cannot change the fate of someone that is going to die.

Yes.

Yes, if only for the minor -script dialogue...there are no branching that I've seen yet. For example...in EP 1 there is an innocuous moment where Lee and Clementine are lying down in a barn and Clementine mentions that the barn smells like...

and you can choose from , poopy, etc. In episode 2 in mixed company Clementine will recall that word that you told her. It makes for very creative interactions, albeit so far in a very limited way. Other characters will remember if you sided with them or not, which makes the drama much more intense. But you can't change the direction of the story by throwing someone off the train if you find out they lied, and you cannot change the fate of someone that is going to die.

Doug seems pretty important in the second episode. I'm wondering what the difference is there. The first time I played episode one I didn't save him.

Doug seems pretty important in the second episode. I'm wondering what the difference is there. The first time I played episode one I didn't save him.

Yeah, you think? Come back after you play EP3 and some of my comments will make more sense. BTW, Carley was the #1 choice because she can use a gun. That and she doesn't look bad either ;) According to TellTale's stats...76% of the people saved Carley. Keep in mind though that Carley knows about your past so it may come back and bite you...

BTW, I've copied the save files so I can "rewind" to the critical decision moment so you can test different scenarios. Saves some time. But you have to play from that moment forward.

I just finished episode 3

It was kind of tough considering in the middle of it my wife's best friend called her in the middle of it to tell her that her brother had just killed himself in the backyard of their parents house leaving behind a total person_without_enough_empathy of an estranged wife who had already run off with their two little girls.

It's a shame you can't prosecute someone for driving them to commit suicide.

I just finished episode 3

It was kind of tough considering in the middle of it my wife's best friend called her in the middle of it to tell her that her brother had just killed himself in the backyard of their parents house leaving behind a total person_without_enough_empathy of an estranged wife who had already run off with their two little girls.

It's a shame you can't prosecute someone for driving them to commit suicide.

Sorry to hear that; that's terrible. Art imitating life, it would seem. :foryou: