• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nice run completed

40 posts in this topic

Thanks to fellow board member Nochips (Stuart) I just completed a real nice run in my Superboy collection, 92-258 complete. Thats like a 17 year run of the title. I am still working on earlier issues, but that 117 in nice shape was the last piece of my puzzle.

Next on my hit list is Superman 165 to complete my Superman 129-200 run. Not as long as the Superboy, but nice anyways.

Thanks Stuart!

Glad I could help.

Remember: "I don't do it for the money, I do it for the glory"

You can quote me that that!

just finished a a run of Wonder Woman 98-329. only 70 more issues to go! next on the list is to finish what i need between 51 and 97 (33 issues).

just finished a a run of Wonder Woman 98-329. only 70 more issues to go! next on the list is to finish what i need between 51 and 97 (33 issues).

That is very impressive to me, more impressive than my Superboy accomplishment as the Wonder Woman's are far scarcer. Way to go!

I just bought Superman 164 and 167....makes me want to get more silverage supermans.

Superman's in the 160's are just so cool ... must r e s i s t urge to start scanning covers ....

R e s i s t a n c e is futile...must....post...cool...covers!! thumbsup2.gif

In my opinion, the 160's represent the best Swan covers of any 10 issue run. Without posting each cover, here's why:

161 - Classic cover depicting the blurb "Last days of Ma and Pa Kent!"

162 - Superman Red / Superman Blue imanginery story

164 - Classic (there's that word again) cover depicting Luthor hitting Superman under a red sun, part 1 of "Showdown Between Luthor and Superman"

166 - Great Christmas cover, imaginary story "The Sons of Superman"

167 - Classic Luthor/Brainiac cover

169 - Very cool "Bizarro Invasion of Earth" cover

It's pretty tough to beat these ten issues in the silverage Superman era for classic covers and great stories. The 140's come close cloud9.gif

We think alike! thumbsup2.gif I'd stopped following this thread, but burntboy's cover thread sparked a similar reaction from me! (I also like the Supes Lion-Head cover, was it #165?)

Thanks to fellow board member Nochips (Stuart) I just completed a real nice run in my Superboy collection, 92-258 complete. Thats like a 17 year run of the title. I am still working on earlier issues, but that 117 in nice shape was the last piece of my puzzle.

Next on my hit list is Superman 165 to complete my Superman 129-200 run. Not as long as the Superboy, but nice anyways.

Thanks Stuart!

I've been collecting Superboy comics for a few months now, and picked up some real gems from Stuart. His grading is "right on", and he's great to deal with.

I've really enjoyed collecting these books, but still have a long way to go. Congratulations, Silver!! That's quite an accomplishment.

Here's a few cool SB books, compliments of "nochips" and Harley Yee.

537718-SB136.jpg

537718-SB136.jpg.e2bd81133a473853d5cffdc7ca017394.jpg

Thanks Stuart!

I've been collecting Superboy comics for a few months now, and picked up some real gems from Stuart. His grading is "right on", and he's great to deal with.

I've really enjoyed collecting these books, but still have a long way to go. Congratulations, Silver!! That's quite an accomplishment.

Here's a few cool SB books, compliments of "nochips" and Harley Yee.

537718-SB136.jpg

that's the first time i ever saw Krypto in a Costume!!! 893whatthe.gif(other than his cape).

was this the PC thing to do, rather than have naked animals flying around on covers or just an attempt at image upgrade?? grin.gif

In that position you would have had a clear shot of his doggy scrotum. So they had to do SOMETHING! 27_laughing.gif

I'll bet the inker added the suit. I'd love to see the "raw" penciled version!

They are in space.

Maybe he needed the suit? confused-smiley-013.gif

hey man, this is KRYPTO we're talking about here. pretty much had all of Superman's powers. i think Red may have hit the nail on the head, but suspect some DC fans (the fine, the brave, the few.......) would know for sure...... confused.gif