• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed *edit

29 posts in this topic

Without GPA I'm not sure what they are going for regularly. It has been fairly high though. Like Walking Dead, the book was low print and the demand is there. I saw a 9.6 going for 200 on a site that I got from the random selling boards. Looking at eBay they are going for like 300 or less.

I'd love to own some of the early issues, but they are not cheap.

No they aren't, and it seems like people are holding on to them.

The thing that stinks too is that the book remained low print for a long time. The drop off from issue one to two in price isn't that steap.

About a year ago I found a copy of issue 6 or 7 in a back issue been for like 3 bucks. I don't think the owner realized it was there as it was just filed under miscelenous "I"s. i was pleased with myself.

I'm helping a friend who just started collecting, put a run together. He found an 8 for $10, and between the two of us he's got them all except the first seven and a few misc. some shops dont even have a section for it. (the LCS he subscribes at the guy still calls it Invisible, no matter how many times he's been corrected.)

I'm helping a friend who just started collecting, put a run together. He found an 8 for $10, and between the two of us he's got them all except the first seven and a few misc. some shops dont even have a section for it. (the LCS he subscribes at the guy still calls it Invisible, no matter how many times he's been corrected.)

Yea it will be tough. Its odd that you never see the issues appear in the sales threads here. I think a lot of the people that have them really like having them. It is a great book!

Here is the first few issues, but who knows what kind of shape they are in: http://www.ebay.com/itm/INVINCIBLE-0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-2003-1st-Print-Run-Lot-Kirkman-Image-NM-/200808780859?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item2ec122d43b#ht_1944wt_947

That is a really good price so I'm a bit skeptical. I also saw an auction for the first two issues CGC'd at 9.6 for like 400.

He's not even interested in graded stuff, there is a board member who's got early issues but they have price tags on them, he's going to try and remove them tonight.

And it's funny they mention issue #0 being from 2003, it's after issue, what, 24?

Yea that whole auction seems odd. The description also claims they were read once and bagged. If you look at the close ups of the first issue it seems to have a lot of crease damage; more than you'd get from one reading.