• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed *edit

29 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a rough idea what the first 10 issues of Invincible are selling for but I cant seem to find any info without having to subscribe to a pricey website, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: please ignore this, I am not asking for anyone to use their GPA membership so I don't have to get one, I was shown by a helpful member how to search past auctions to get an idea of what prices these books are selling at. Mostly I was just curious as to why these books are listed on here and eBay way above what any guides I've read say they're valued at. (most people I've talked to today have just blamed the walking dead). :facepalm:

I'm looking for a rough idea what the first 10 issues of Invincible are selling for but I cant seem to find any info without having to subscribe to a pricey website, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I didn't want to pay for GPA but finally bit the bullet and joined. No regrets. Worst case, go month to month, get all the info you want in one month and cancel so you just pay the one month. It is a decent service. (thumbs u

Track ebay, Heritage and ComicLink. It's a lot of work depending on the range of your interests -- but I know that there are a good number of posters here that demonstrate a great knowledge of price and selling venue. I can think of some threads in Gold where even the provenance of individual books are well known and tracked.

Track ebay, Heritage and ComicLink. It's a lot of work depending on the range of your interests -- but I know that there are a good number of posters here that demonstrate a great knowledge of price and selling venue. I can think of some threads in Gold where even the provenance of individual books are well known and tracked.
I figured someone might have known but all I've gotten in response was the GPA's website.

I figured someone might have known but all I've gotten in response was the GPA's website.

How come you just don't come right out and ask someone who has GPA for the info you want? I don't agree with that mind you and think you should just pay for the service...but why beat around the bush?

How come you just don't come right out and ask someone who has GPA for the info you want? I don't agree with that mind you and think you should just pay for the service...but why beat around the bush?

Mostly because I wouldn't agree with that either, so far this site has been full of helpful people. I figured I'd ask and see if on the off chance someone was dealing with this title could give me a ballpark.

Same here. Really didn't want to pay for gpa but since I have I haven't been let down. Great service and I am using it month per month!

I agree, although I have the annual subscription. If you are a serious collector, it's indispensable. Not to mention a fun site to poke around on. If I have one gripe, it's that their search function is very sensitive to your having entered the exact title of the book you are looking for.

First off, you are too vague. GPA is based on specific historical CGC grades for specific issues. You are basically asking one of us to do all your homework for you, for free.

Second, many Boards members feel that giving free GPA information is not right.

I agree with Bob. The only info that should be given out freely on these boards is strip club popularity. :hi:

First off, you are too vague. GPA is based on specific historical CGC grades for specific issues. You are basically asking one of us to do all your homework for you, for free.

Sometimes I feel generous with my GPA info, but you want prices for ten books instead of one? Naw!

I was to vague and suppose I used the wrong words to describe what I was asking. A helpful board member showed me what I was actually looking for, which is why I closed the thread. Thanks

I was to vague and suppose I used the wrong words to describe what I was asking. A helpful board member showed me what I was actually looking for, which is why I closed the thread. Thanks

(shrug) I am trying to understand why I feel annoyed with all this.

Because we pay for it and people shouldn't get the info for free.

(tsk)

Because he was asking people here to do his homework for him. "Help" is not the same thing as hand holding. I agree with you Bob.

Without GPA I'm not sure what they are going for regularly. It has been fairly high though. Like Walking Dead, the book was low print and the demand is there. I saw a 9.6 going for 200 on a site that I got from the random selling boards. Looking at eBay they are going for like 300 or less.

I'd love to own some of the early issues, but they are not cheap.

Without GPA I'm not sure what they are going for regularly. It has been fairly high though. Like Walking Dead, the book was low print and the demand is there. I saw a 9.6 going for 200 on a site that I got from the random selling boards. Looking at eBay they are going for like 300 or less.

No they aren't, and it seems like people are holding on to them.

No they aren't, and it seems like people are holding on to them.

The thing that stinks too is that the book remained low print for a long time. The drop off from issue one to two in price isn't that steap.

About a year ago I found a copy of issue 6 or 7 in a back issue been for like 3 bucks. I don't think the owner realized it was there as it was just filed under miscelenous "I"s. i was pleased with myself.