• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just Captain America

456 posts in this topic

This is my personal favorite. When I was twelve my father splurged twenty dollars helping me buy a Flash #10 from Howard Rogalfsky's mail order catalogue. As some of you remember ....if he was out of the issue ordered, he would send in its place something else... some random comic of equal value according to him... I received an All Winners #21 instead. Although it was a beat copy that I received, Cap stood out to me as so much better than Flash...

129547.jpg.1b453be53eb2bf0eb5c7250820e98354.jpg

Hi David... Thanks for sharing all those ... hope I could meet all you guys someday...

You're welcome! If you're ever in the Metroplex let me know.

BTW, do you ever make it to the major cons (San Diego, Chicago, NY, etc.)?

He (and son i believe) was just at the Chicago con. Ate dinner with us at Friday night Mexican. But we sat on opposite ends of the table so I never got to converse :cry:

Hi David... Thanks for sharing all those ... hope I could meet all you guys someday...

He (and son i believe) was just at the Chicago con. Ate dinner with us at Friday night Mexican. But we sat on opposite ends of the table so I never got to converse :cry:

That's the one I've been missing every year. :cry:

Gotta make a full court press to Chicago next year even though my hoops are a bit rusty! :facepalm:

Sadly, I haven't got the coordination or timing to do lay-up shots like this dude's...

img_CapAmerica49_145-1-2.jpg

so that's how we were able to keep him thru the entire meal.

:o

lol Roy was sitting to Gator's left, sorta behind him when we dined in San Diego... smiley-fart005.gif

e6f88825.jpg

(shrug) Just judging from the expression on Roy's face, the rest of us must've been safely outside the blast radius! (thumbs u

David.....Oh.. small world as I know Donato... as we both teach at SVA

Don't know where you are located but if you are in or near NYC perhaps we could meet up sometime...

Love that Cap & Cap Annual! :cloud9: Great reuse of Shores cover art.

Speaking of art, here's a shot of Donato and myself when we were featured guests of Mile High Con (SF focus) back in 2010...

CatandDonato2.jpg

It was a Quick-Draw panel where we worked on each other's illustrations. The audience suggested ideas and then we took them wherever our imaginations and the audience suggested.

Donato will be in town (in Dallas/Ft.Worth one must use the word town with an almost British sense of understatement) as GOH for Fen Con Sept. 21-23. While he's here we're fixing dinner for him and several other con attendees.

We'll be in NY for ComicCon. Is there any chance you'll be attending? hm

lol Roy was sitting to Gator's left, sorta behind him when we dined in San Diego... smiley-fart005.gif

e6f88825.jpg

(shrug) Just judging from the expression on Roy's face, the rest of us must've been safely outside the blast radius! (thumbs u

You are the only one drinking alcohol :o My kind of collector (thumbs u

e6f88825.jpg

You are the only one drinking alcohol :o My kind of collector (thumbs u

Most dealers know better than to imbibe copious amounts of alcohol in my presence! :grin: