• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman#nn "This Island Bradman" CLUB

54 posts in this topic

Wow, I think they (Blastoff) have had at least three copies as they also had a couple from Mark Waid (acquired from DC's filing cabinets). I think one was a CGC 9.6 sold for $2,495 and a CGC 8.5 sold to a boardie on here.

Blastoff gets them directly from the family that produced the com8c. They have hundreds of copies

Any evidence of these numbers would be appreciated as this contradicts the evidence from DC (print run=200) and also from the family (I bought one from someone that was very close to the family who stated the family got something like 100-150 (he wasn't definite but the figures were very low). These two seem to tie up and the difference between them is seen by the number of DC file copies that seem to turn up.

Yeah--but 30 years later. They guy didn't exactly need the money.

I think it's one of the coolest "present for the kids" ideas ever, far better than say, hiring pop star X to sing at the kid's Bar Mitzvah or sweet 16, but I guess it depends...getting someone like Michael Jackson/Madonna/Prince in the mid-80s would be far better than getting say...Hansen 10 years ago or Justin Bieber today.

Wow, I think they (Blastoff) have had at least three copies as they also had a couple from Mark Waid (acquired from DC's filing cabinets). I think one was a CGC 9.6 sold for $2,495 and a CGC 8.5 sold to a boardie on here.

Blastoff gets them directly from the family that produced the com8c. They have hundreds of copies

Any evidence of these numbers would be appreciated as this contradicts the evidence from DC (print run=200) and also from the family (I bought one from someone that was very close to the family who stated the family got something like 100-150 (he wasn't definite but the figures were very low). These two seem to tie up and the difference between them is seen by the number of DC file copies that seem to turn up.

solarcadet is just making stuff up again :gossip:

solarcadet is just making stuff up again :gossip:

there is ALWAYS a copy for sale at Blastoff. He has them all directly from the owner. I sold books on consignment there he told me.

There will never be a shortage of the Island Bradman

Strange, they don't seem to have one for sale now and I have only ever seen two for sale via Blastoffcomics in the past.

In any case, the evidence we have direct from DC was that only 200 were printed, many would have been given out at the party and a large percentage of those could be gone now. So given only a percentage are left and a small number are with collectors I would say there will ALWAYS be a shortage of these.

That's an amazing copy. Odd he doesn't have a scan of the back. I'm not dropping 2K on any book without super high quality scans of both sides. Sweet stickers. They look like they stuck them on the book itself.

This sale does lend credence to the claim of Blast Off Comics having a steady supply of these straight from the family to sell.

you are paying $2000 due to the rarity thinking no one has it...you would be fooled into paying $1900 too much. but if you have the extra cash then go for it but you would be better off to buy a book that holds value like af15, asm1, or IH181

this is a pic of a different copy from July 2013....the owners are feeding them directly to Balstaff

unnamed9_zpsb2071660.jpg

unnamed10_zps1ff0fe7d.jpg

when that copy sells on Ebay...it's just like Yoda said, "No, there is another..."

download6_zps85862a63.jpg

This sale does lend credence to the claim of Blast Off Comics having a steady supply of these straight from the family to sell.

you are paying $2000 due to the rarity thinking no one has it...you would be fooled into paying $1900 too much. but if you have the extra cash then go for it but you would be better off to buy a book that holds value like af15, asm1, or IH181

this is a pic of a different copy from July 2013....the owners are feeding them directly to Balstaff

unnamed9_zpsb2071660.jpg

unnamed10_zps1ff0fe7d.jpg

when that copy sells on Ebay...it's just Yoda said, "No, there is another..."

download6_zps85862a63.jpg

lol