• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

For my 5000th post...

85 posts in this topic

I didn't see you giving any thanks to the packmule. 893naughty-thumb.gif

That's because he's still wandering around the Belgian countryside eating wildflowers... mad.gif

If you'd like to stay somewhere where you will not be competing for bedspace with a harem of Chrisco's leftover used crusty skanks

Why do you think he's staying with me? makepoint.gif

Would I move this thread? Of course not!

devil.gif

Of course this new title will just encourage me to open another shop that much sooner... stooges.gif

If you'd like to stay somewhere where you will not be competing for bedspace with a harem of Chrisco's leftover used crusty skanks

Maybe because he actually read the post... makepoint.gif

Oh, and um... let's see here... where did I leave my codebook?... oh yeah, here it is... *flip-flip-flip* ... um... lessee....

"The virus is airborne." thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gif

I read your post. The whole thing!

Methinks you read my response incorrectly. Maybe I should have written, "Why else would he be staying with me?"

Methinks you read my response incorrectly. Maybe I should have written, "Why else would he be staying with me?"

Heh heh... heh heh... oh, yeah... heh heh...

What happens at chrisco's, stays at chrisco's... sumo.gifcloud9.gif

Heh heh... heh heh... oh, yeah... heh heh...

What happens at chrisco's, stays at chrisco's... sumo.gifcloud9.gif

Well, some of it will eventually find its way to the local Ruby Tuesdays... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I didn't see you giving any thanks to the packmule. 893naughty-thumb.gif

That's because he's still wandering around the Belgian countryside eating wildflowers... mad.gif

Ahhh...so he's delivering to Chromium....when he flys back to the states does he have plans to roam in the Connecticut area???... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Great post, 'House. My wife works in non-profit too, and I can vouch for the fact that those jobs don't always last a real long time; either due to funding, the challenge of the work, etc...

Now ship my stinkin' Marvel Gerbers, will ya?!?!?

Cheers,

-Jim

Where's my OS price guide?

Um what he said sumo.gif

Seriously, glad to hear that you have things settled down. It was great meeting and chit chatting with ya at WonderCon, 'house actually is alot in person like he is on the boards and has a lot of knowledge about the biz and the hobby and like to talk about it at least as much if not more than me. thumbsup2.gif Here's to the next 5,000.

Now back to my original point..... Where's my ....... er you get the picture.

Ugh I feel kinda sick.

After reading this massive listing with each new paragraph I felt joy and wonderment at your prose. The third chapter was a literal blow to the stomach of comicdom. No brick and mortar store? 893whatthe.gif

There are certain things that are constants among these boards. Some you mentioned in the first part of your text concerning certain "bored" members. Other intangible contstants would be the influx of newbies, flame wars, off-topic tangents, and the list goes on. For you to no longer be a part of the established LCS brethren shakes my belief in the system. I am unsure if I will be able to look at my LCS with the same wide-eyed innocence. sorry.gif

Tell me this truthfully, were the goth girls real? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

...oh and as Greggy says "where's my badge?"

devil.gif

Hey, Lighthouse shipped my Swampy TPB lickidy split. Maybe because he favors us other Northwest guys. Great post Lighthouse. You have a great wit and I appreciate your sense of humor. You are certainly an asset to this board. I'll be stopping by to visit your booth in San Diego as well as seeing you at the Forum dinner. If I ask how you are doing again, are you just gonna say "Tall" again?

So, whatever happened to those stripper employees once that you closed up shop? Had to go back to their real job? I could use a packaging assistant at home for my Ebay business. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif ------Sid

Great post, 'House. My wife works in non-profit too, and I can vouch for the fact that those jobs don't always last a real long time; either due to funding, the challenge of the work, etc...

Now ship my stinkin' Marvel Gerbers, will ya?!?!?

Cheers,

-Jim

Your Marvel Gerbers went out last week, so even with the holiday they should be arriving shortly. When Diamond was done screwing up my orders for them, I had six extra copies of Volume 3...

"Yes, I'd like to order two sets of Volumes 3 and 4"

"Okay! Two copies of Volume 3 coming up!"

"No, no... I wanted SETS of 3 and 4!"

"Okay, four more copies of Volume 3 it is!"

893frustrated.gif

And jbud's Overstreet is on its way too. I found a hitchhiker waving a "Tijuana or Bust" sign on I-5 and I asked him to drop off the Guide on the way. I was a little surprised when he started chewing on the corner of it, but he should get it there soon...

Ugh I feel kinda sick.

After reading this massive listing with each new paragraph I felt joy and wonderment at your prose. The third chapter was a literal blow to the stomach of comicdom. No brick and mortar store? 893whatthe.gif

There are certain things that are constants among these boards. Some you mentioned in the first part of your text concerning certain "bored" members. Other intangible contstants would be the influx of newbies, flame wars, off-topic tangents, and the list goes on. For you to no longer be a part of the established LCS brethren shakes my belief in the system. I am unsure if I will be able to look at my LCS with the same wide-eyed innocence. sorry.gif

Tell me this truthfully, were the goth girls real? 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

...oh and as Greggy says "where's my badge?"

devil.gif

Yes, of course the Goth Princess is real... she left my shop well before I closed it, to pursue her dancing career full-time (or at least as fulltime as dancers get). I haven't seen her at the club in a while, but she was in line ahead of me at the bank last week handing over fistfuls of singles to the teller.

Your badge is already taken care of. You won't be able to pick it up until I check in on Tuesday morning since I am the official contact person, but after that you're good to go.

And believe me, I will be reopening as soon as I can. Over the last five years I have gotten very used to being able to read any comic I want any time I want. If I wanted to read a copy of FF 214 all I had to do is walk over to the boxes and pull one out. Now it requires sixteen reps at 40lbs each, and that's if I know where the book is. Literally the hardest thing for me about closing a shop is the process of setting aside the books I want immediate access to.

Well that, and knowing that I can't give out job applications. If I could find a way around privacy issues, I would seriously publish a book of the answers I have received on my job apps. Some of them are priceless. Everything from a guy who described his military record as "got thrown out of the Imperial Guard for calling Darth Vader a goth pansy" to dozens of hilarious responses to this question: "Lois Lane, Mary Jane Watson, and Deena Pilgrim decide to form an all-girl band. Who do they recruit as a fourth member? And what instrument does each girl play?"

I tell ya... handing out job applications may be the best part about owning a comic shop.... cloud9.gif

Wow! 5,000 posts. What's your ROI on them?

Good luck on the new store -- hopefully I can terrorize you there. See you in November. thumbsup2.gif

That's an interesting question... I'd say I am grossing around $8 in forum sales per post... Nowhere near the results of guys like bronzebruce13, but who wants all those silly 9.6 and 9.8 Bronze Age keys anyway? confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gifstooges.gif

The real value to all of those posts is that it cuts into my time spent sexually harassing my employees. That's bound to save me a fortune in lawsuits and paternity claims... foreheadslap.gif

Wow! 5,000 posts. What's your ROI on them?

Good luck on the new store -- hopefully I can terrorize you there. See you in November. thumbsup2.gif

That's an interesting question... I'd say I am grossing around $8 in forum sales per post... Nowhere near the results of guys like bronzebruce13, but who wants all those silly 9.6 and 9.8 Bronze Age keys anyway? confused-smiley-013.giftongue.gifstooges.gif

The real value to all of those posts is that it cuts into my time spent sexually harassing my employees. That's bound to save me a fortune in lawsuits and paternity claims... foreheadslap.gif

27_laughing.gif

Check your PMs mad.gif

I do actually want to do business with you confused-smiley-013.gif