• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM 678 1:50 Mary Jane Venom Cover

11 posts in this topic

This is a nice book and also an ASM mystery on why it is worth so much (ive got my opinions). I have 2 graded 9.8's of this book (only 5 or 6 9.8's on the census last check). One of them someone is trying to sell on ebay right now for about $1200!

I wish you good luck with the sale. You can ask whatever you want for the book, its totally up to you, but if i could offer some advice, being ungraded and with some damaged preventing it from getting a 9.6/9.8 for what you are asking is going to be very difficult (since serious buyers are looking for this in 9.6/9.8). If the ebay one sells for $1200 i know where one of my 9.8's is going next!

I think this info/opinion/advice would have been better shared with the seller via a PM and not as a post on his sales thread. But that's just my 2c

This is a nice book and also an ASM mystery on why it is worth so much (ive got my opinions). I have 2 graded 9.8's of this book (only 5 or 6 9.8's on the census last check). One of them someone is trying to sell on ebay right now for about $1200!

I wish you good luck with the sale. You can ask whatever you want for the book, its totally up to you, but if i could offer some advice, being ungraded and with some damaged preventing it from getting a 9.6/9.8 for what you are asking is going to be very difficult (since serious buyers are looking for this in 9.6/9.8). If the ebay one sells for $1200 i know where one of my 9.8's is going next!

This is a dooshey thing to do. (thumbs u

Sooo, are you making the OP an offer? If not, then I agree with the comments posted above.

heck you could even read it as a "hey if you want a CGCed 9.8 PM instead of buying this guys raw one!" (not that he said that, but making a point about having a few of your own as you question his selling price kinda opens you up for more dooshey interpretations of your post.

Agreed with the other guy, PM him if you actually want to give him advice, since thread crapping about a book or its price is generally frowned upon in these parts (and the caveat of "you can ask what ever you want... BUT" is like saying "no offense intended"... it doesnt leave you free to say anything you want)

(tsk)

heck you could even read it as a "hey if you want a CGCed 9.8 PM instead of buying this guys raw one!" (not that he said that, but making a point about having a few of your own as you question his selling price kinda opens you up for more dooshey interpretations of your post.

Agreed with the other guy, PM him if you actually want to give him advice, since thread crapping about a book or its price is generally frowned upon in these parts (and the caveat of "you can ask what ever you want... BUT" is like saying "no offense intended"... it doesnt leave you free to say anything you want)

Yeah, definitely not on the list of accepted etiquette in the selling threads...and making the point of his having them WHILE RUNNING A SALES THREAD OF HIS OWN FOR THE SAME BOOK is really poor form. A simple PM would have sufficed and not raised the collective hackles of everyone :preach:

Apologies to the OP for your thread running off the rails :foryou:

Ok so I apologize for not doing this over PM, my mistake. My ASM sold long ago. I offered this advice without any harm based on all the I went through in the day of selling mine (pricing it appropriately). I meant no harm, I'll remove the post. Wished more people would offer help and assistance to people that do something like i did rather than just posting on the thread. I could have used a PM also on that :)

Ok so I apologize for not doing this over PM, my mistake. My ASM sold long ago. I offered this advice without any harm based on all the I went through in the day of selling mine (pricing it appropriately). I meant no harm, I'll remove the post. Wished more people would offer help and assistance to people that do something like i did rather than just posting on the thread. I could have used a PM also on that :)

Well, I have a problem....you didn't sell it to me !!

:jokealert: