• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone explain this to me please?!?

35 posts in this topic

I was involved in the phone bidding on this book with HA so i assume the book definitely sold then and cant imagine there was any shenanigans.

Maybe you assume to much and dougie got the book back?

edit to add: I guess Heritage would not have reported it as sold if the original bidder backed out

I can tell you 100% for a fact that the demand for Avengers books has NOT raised (thumbs u

Really? That is disappointing for you collectors. I know that since new Amazing Spider-Man I've been amazed at the prices 121 is going for on the bay. I had just thought that the key Avengers would also see a rise in price. I must not be keeping track as well on those books.

Key Avengers? yeah, those have seen a little uptick.

The non key books though which would DEFINITELY include issue #33, can still pretty much be had for WAAAAAY below gpa most times. Avengers back issues is NOT a strong market right around now unless its a key, single highest graded or something like that. Regular issues are going for cheap as dirt unless its me overpaying for one :facepalm:

I was involved in the phone bidding on this book with HA so i assume the book definitely sold then and cant imagine there was any shenanigans.

That could be but when the book sold on eBay i did a thread about it and no one said that was Dougs eBay handle selling it. The eBay seller has been around since 1998, has over 2300 100% positive feedback selling comics but seemingly no one on here knows who it was that held this awesomely shilled auction which i found VERY odd ???

I'm pretty sure Eastsidewarrior is a comic book reseller (collector/dealer). I seem to remember possibly getting bids from him on my stuff on eBay but not sure if I ever completed a transaction with them.

What happened outside of that, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it isn't Doug.

I'm pretty sure Eastsidewarrior is a comic book reseller (collector/dealer). I seem to remember possibly getting bids from him on my stuff on eBay but not sure if I ever completed a transaction with them.

I dont know what he did in the past but looking at his recent history, this eastsidewarrior has started running some MASSIVELY shilled comic auctions lately :gossip:

Correct.

eastsidewarrior will continue to shill and fabricate "pending sales" until he sees covered the amount he dropped on the HA auction. It wouldn't be the first time, it won't be the last.

edit to add: I guess Heritage would not have reported it as sold if the original bidder backed out

Yeah, and i'm not positive since i bid on a LOT of Avengers that day but i'm 95% sure i was the underbidder originally with HA on the 33. I've never had that situation with HA before but i assume they would have contacted me if the winning bidder backed out no?

I haven't had any dealings with them at all that I can remember so all I know is what you guys have posted here.

I had never heard of him before the Avengers 33 auction. Like i said, i was all ready to swoop in and when 2 low feedback bidders bid it WAY up the last day, i started digging a little.

I suck big huge donkey balls spotting shills and even to me it was VERY clear he had the same couple low feedback accounts shilling up most if not all of his recent auctions :censored:

Eastsidewarrior shilling his on auctions :o I sold him an Avengers #1 a year and a half and did the transaction face to face.

Check out the link to his auction and look at his completed auctions. Looks pretty cut and dry to me (shrug)

Eastsidewarrior shilling his on auctions :o I sold him an Avengers #1 a year and a half and did the transaction face to face.

Check out the link to his auction and look at his completed auctions. Looks pretty cut and dry to me (shrug)

I'm checking as we speak (thumbs u

It might be also a new scam. Everyone knows that the mega keys are going to be scrutinized. People are going to look at registration numbers on a book before bidding on a key that they see pop up on eBay or an auction site that is not like Heritage, Comiclink or ComicConnect.

Last month I wrote about how I noticed that someone was using the image of one of my books to sell on eBay. Eventually I wrote the person and asked them how they were selling a book that was in my possession and reported the listing. The auction was taken down.

Who is going to scrutinize a lower end book though in the $1000 range as much as they would a $10,000 book? You more likely going to sucker someone for $10 rather than $100.

Smaller scams fly under the radar perhaps?

I know that if you consign an item for auction that the person has the right to ask for at least a certain amount of return on the item he provided. In that case, an automatic bid is usually made by the auction site software to raise the price of the item to prevent it being sold at lower then the reserve price he was asking for. This often happens at the end of an auction when it looks like the price is not going to get met.

It happens for big auction sites (possibly heritage auction). I think that if the auction specifies it is a no reserve auction that this shouldn't be allowed.

I am not saying that it happened in your case, and it is certainly not allowed on eBay, but it does happen.