• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will every comic ever produced need resto ?

9 posts in this topic

At some point in the future, whether in a slab or not, aren't ALL comic books going to need some form of resto anyway ? I mean, they've all been exposed to air, that means the oxidation process on every comic ever produced has already started. I'm not an expert on the subject, but afaik just because it's in a slab doesn't mean that that process is going to miraculously stop, it's just going to slow it down some.

At some point in the future, whether in a slab or not, aren't ALL comic books going to need some form of resto anyway ? I mean, they've all been exposed to air, that means the oxidation process on every comic ever produced has already started. I'm not an expert on the subject, but afaik just because it's in a slab doesn't mean that that process is going to miraculously stop, it's just going to slow it down some.

Things that make you go .... HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM ..... hm

I don't know. Is there a restorative process that can reverse aging?

Certainly many books won't require professional colour touch, pressing, pieces added, etc if they're taken care of.

I can imagine all books will someday benefit from a cleaning.

I don't know. Is there a restorative process that can reverse aging?

Certainly many books won't require professional colour touch, pressing, pieces added, etc if they're taken care of.

I can imagine all books will someday benefit from a cleaning.

Won't they eventually need pieces adding though or spraying ? Since over the decades, won't the oxidised paper (I'm talking about the innards here rather than the cover) eventually degrade to the point that it's generally falling apart. Even more so for GA/SA books which seem to have been produced using less than quality paper.

Eventually, yes.

Nothing can stop the aging process entirely but some treatments can slow it down greatly.

Eventually, yes.

Nothing can stop the aging process entirely but some treatments can slow it down greatly.

50, maybe a 100 years from now they will have press/clean/white pages in a spray can.

Don't ask me how.

Hell, ask a guy from 100 years ago how there would be an internet and smart phones when he didn't have electric lights or indoor plumbing yet.