• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Hero for Hire 1

27 posts in this topic

This particular book I "may" send into CGC. Not sure. If you guys grade it low, I'm slapping it up on eBay. We'll see. ;)

I realize there's significant foxing on the back cover, and that will blast the grade down significantly. :(

I'm hoping for a 8.0 for this "key" Bronze Age Marvel. :wishluck: Think that's remotely possible or is this really a 7.5? :eyeroll:

OK, guys, nail this sucker! I'm ready for my "medicine!" :insane:

PGM-LukeCageFC-1.jpg

PGM-LukeCageBC.jpg

Structurally that book is pretty! How bad is the foxing on the back? Also, you shouldn't sub until that back corner gets straightened out. If the foxing is as bad as I think it is, 8.0-8.5 is probably tops.

Structurally that book is pretty! How bad is the foxing on the back? Also, you shouldn't sub until that back corner gets straightened out. If the foxing is as bad as I think it is, 8.0-8.5 is probably tops.

Dude, I would be happy if I got a whiff anywhere close to 8.5! Yowza!

Now how would I get the back corner straightened? Is that a "pressing" issue?

If I did get it "pressed" and straightened out, and by some miracle it would get a 8.5, what's the GSA on a Hero for Hire 1? Any idea? Just curious.

Thanks. I respect your opinion. I can see you're battle tested around these parts. :headbang:

Modok, I've asked this in a few of your other PGM thread (You have a lot by the way), but why don't you sell here? You have complained about eBay and everything else. You avoid the fees here and have a better control of the final price.

Oh and 8ish. You might be lucky if it got a 8.5, but it wouldn't surprise me if it went lower too. Is this book in demand?

Modok, I've asked this in a few of your other PGM thread (You have a lot by the way), but why don't you sell here? You have complained about eBay and everything else. You avoid the fees here and have a better control of the final price.

Oh and 8ish. You might be lucky if it got a 8.5, but it wouldn't surprise me if it went lower too. Is this book in demand?

Why don't I sell on the boards? I answered this before in my other PGM thread, and apparently you didn't see my response.

I read the thread about newbies trying to sell here on the boards, and apparently the "vets" don't want to welcome any new "players" into the game:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5979435#Post5979435

I have no reputation here.

On eBay I do. Anyone is welcome to check my feedback! I have nothing to hide.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=john-c-holmes&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Anyway, thanks for listing your grade.

Hero for Hire 1 is really not in demand yet. If Marvel ever decides to make a HfH movie, maybe? :wishluck:

However, I think you're right. This book really isn't that "in demand," and the prices seen on eBay for it bear this out.

I guess I jumped to conclusions when I recently saw a Hero for Hire 1 CGC 9.8 go for $2850! :o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HERO-FOR-HIRE-1-CGC-9-8-WHITE-PAGES-UNRESTORED-HIGHEST-GRADE-/251125400489?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a783d83a9

I checked eBay's remaining completed listings for Hero for Hire 1 in CGC 8.0.

8.0 $175

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Luke-Cage-Hero-for-Hire-1-Marvel-1972-CGC-8-0-1st-app-Luke-Cage-/261082957314?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3cc9c1c602

8.0 $85

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hero-For-Hire-1-CGC-8-0-New-Movie-TV-Show-Luke-Cage-Silver-Age-HTF-Key-/251129087168?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a7875c4c0

8.0 $81

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hero-For-Hire-1-CGC-8-0-UnRestored-/251082151486?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item3a75a9963e

But I appreciate the grades nevertheless. (worship)

Looking at GPA the price is actually dropping if it was in the 8.0 range. The 90 days is $109, but on its way down.

Like you said, I might hang onto this and see if they make a movie. Or maybe Luke Cage will be in the next Avenger movie and that might spike some interest. Who knows...

It looks like an 8 to me but I could see it getting 8.5 if pressing helped clean up that back corner. I do however have to ask wtf is going on with your Ebay avatar? lol

I thought it’s meant an "homage" to John C. Holmes, while I’d prefer the guy would be remembered for other things other than his… hmm… profession. hm

HBD MODOK :applause:

Thank you, friend. I appreciate the well wishes. I also am grateful you and the others here tolerate me. Yes, I can be a bit rambunctious at times, but I don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers.

Thanks for all you do here at the boards and especially in lending me your keen eyes in grading the books I post here in the PGM thread.

It looks like an 8 to me but I could see it getting 8.5 if pressing helped clean up that back corner. I do however have to ask wtf is going on with your Ebay avatar? lol

Z-JohnHolmesComicBook.jpg

Why don't I sell on the boards? I answered this before in my other PGM thread, and apparently you didn't see my response.

I read the thread about newbies trying to sell here on the boards, and apparently the "vets" don't want to welcome any new "players" into the game:

New sellers typically have problems because they don't read the rules before starting their first sales thread. There's always room for a new seller, just grade tight, follow the rules, start with smaller value items and build your reputation.

New sellers typically have problems because they don't read the rules before starting their first sales thread. There's always room for a new seller, just grade tight, follow the rules, start with smaller value items and build your reputation.

Thanks for the helpful post.

I will take a look at the various sales threads to see what is and is not acceptable.

I read the guidelines, and found number 9 to be confusing.

9. List acceptable forms of payment (NOTE: Personal PayPal payment is NOT allowed as a listed option in your post as it is not appropriate for item purchases.)

Personal PayPal is not allowed? doh!

I'm located in Bangkok, Thailand (please see location under my avatar.)

What form of payment am I supposed to accept? Checks and money orders drawn on a USA bank? I'm merely a collector looking for an alternative to eBay. I am not a business entity! :pullhair:

Sounds problematic for me. How am I supposed to fascilitate the sale of my high grade books?

Any idea? How do other overseas sellers (who are collectors and not businesses) on the boards get payment?

Looks like I'm destined to stay on eBay. :frustrated:

PayPal Personal

The PayPal personal account allows you to make safe, secure online payments, as well as send money and accept payments. This account is ideal for those who shop online and even sell on eBay. The personal PayPal account allows you to link your checking account to your PayPal account for easy money transfers and payment options. There is no charge for the personal PayPal account and the PayPal account is accepted at more than 1,000 online stores.

PayPal Business

The PayPal business account is ideal for online merchants, as well as other business entities. The account gives business owners the options of accepting payments without the excess credit card processing expenses. Along with the payment processing options, the PayPal business account provides its merchants with online invoicing options and virtual terminal processing, which allows you to process your customer payments online, as well as by phone, mail or fax. This accounts also provides options for express payments, allowing your customers to quickly check out with their PayPal account without providing personal information. PayPal research shows that businesses using the Express Checkout option see an average increase in sales of 14 percent.