• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ebay Buyer Protection Case Question - Updated

57 posts in this topic

As mentioned if the seller attempts to refuse the package or you send it out to the address in good faith and it gets returned to you then you not only will win the case but you will end up with the item also.

I know this from experience so if the insufficiently_thoughtful_person turd seller wants to play it dumb and not accept the item back then enjoy the full refund along with getting to keep the item.

Thanks for all the responses!

I sent off the package today to the address given by Ebay with DC.

Oh, and I was able to finally speak to someone at Ebay and they verified that the DC just needs to say either "notice left" or "delivered" for me to get my money back.

Thanks again!

Thanks for all the responses!

I sent off the package today to the address given by Ebay with DC.

Oh, and I was able to finally speak to someone at Ebay and they verified that the DC just needs to say either "notice left" or "delivered" for me to get my money back.

Thanks again!

Save ALL emails from eBay as they have the reference numbers in the bottom left corners of the texted messages; when eBay hangs up /disconnects you they can't say that you need to start all over again. Once you read them that referenced number, they can't easily disregard you.

I stopped using FedEx when they refused to pay for the damaged Stan Lee sigs from Desert Wind Comics back in 2006. FedEx is notorious for not honoring claims relating to collectibles.

CAL been there done that

Update: 2 months later...

The package that I returned to the Ebay seller has been returned to me by the Post Office. It says that it was either unclaimed or refused.

I have already been paid by Ebay for this item.

Obviously the seller did not want to take the return.

Is the item now legally mine? What are my obligations now that the item was returned? I kind of feel guilty keeping it, but I tried to return it and it does not seem right to just trash it.

Any opinions?

Thanks.

It's yours legally as far as I understand things. If you sent it back to the seller and he refused to take ownership then the item is yours. Perhaps one of the board lawyers would like to chime in, but I think you can keep it.

I had this happen to me last year as well - the seller refused to take delivery of the returned item, Paypal refunded me the money and the book ended up back at my house.

Legally speaking, I would assume the item is now yours - however, I'd send the seller a message, telling them that you'd be willing to ship it back (again) if they cover all your shipping costs (both for the first try & the second).

If they don't respond, I'd then just keep the item.

That's what I did in my situation - the seller never responded, so I just kept the book.

I think it is wrong that a lot of posters were helpful to you and you still have not given out her ebay ID so no one else has to deal with this person.

I don't think boarders are helpful in order to get something.

Whilst the ID would be helpful, the OP is under no obligation to give it, neither do I think we 'deserve' it.

I think it is wrong that a lot of posters were helpful to you and you still have not given out her ebay ID so no one else has to deal with this person.

I don't think boarders are helpful in order to get something.

Whilst the ID would be helpful, the OP is under no obligation to give it, neither do I think we 'deserve' it.

The reason I am not giving out her info is that I am paranoid about being accused of defamation of character or slander. I don't want or need to deal with that.

I just want this whole thing to go away. I thought it had gone away, until about 3 days ago when the package arrived back on my doorstep.

Now I'm just not sure what to do with the item.

I also do not want to contact the seller again as my dealings with her were not positive. Also, I'm fairly certain she knows that I tried to return the item to her and I believe she made a point not to accept the returned item.

Thanks.

Turn around and sell the entire lot as is on these boards and donate the money to something like The Salvation Army or something similar for the holiday season.

Or post them here:) :foryou:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Main=278557&Number=6163965#Post6163965

Stop feeling guilty, in this deal you did no wrong.

They messed you about and got what they deserved.

You have been refunded and sent the package back, if they chose not to accept it, well tough luck on them, you did what you could.

Keep them, sell them, donate them.

The contents are yours now to do with as you see fit.

Stop feeling guilty, in this deal you did no wrong.

They messed you about and got what they deserved.

You have been refunded and sent the package back, if they chose not to accept it, well tough luck on them, you did what you could.

Keep them, sell them, donate them.

The contents are yours now to do with as you see fit.

Yep. Ebay saw that you returned the package to the address they supplied so as far as they're concerned you've fulfilled your end of the deal. If the seller didn't want to accept the returns for whatever deluded reason then that's their problem to worry about, not yours.