• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM - TTA #1 (1959)

30 posts in this topic

I had a chance in 1981 to buy a TTA#1 in about FN/VF condition with white pages for $30 from a collector in London Ontario.

I still kick myself when I see another copy of this book and remember that deal I passed on.

But tonight, it's not about the money, it's about the grade isn't it . . .

So, I'll venture to say it's a 6.0.

Lovely book, really.

(I can't look at it anymore. Too painful.)

:sorry:

I am a bit more pessimistic and am at a 5.0-5.5.

It is a great book, but I have a graded 4.5 that is only a slight bit worse. Funny enough, I have that same crescent moon on the right. I do have minor marvel chipping on the right side of the cover though.

It is a fantastic book! Congrats! Looks like you have the four!

It is a great book, but I have a graded 4.5 that is only a slight bit worse. Funny enough, I have that same crescent moon on the right. I do have minor marvel chipping on the right side of the cover though.

Yeah, my gut says 5 to 5.5, but when you hold the book in hand, it almost presents like a 7 with it's brightness, flatness, lack of cover wear and corners.

Do you think the chip could count as a production defect from the marvel chipping era and they are given less weight?

I do have all four! Finally. The ironic part is that TTA was my last priority and it will probably grade the best...

Yeah, my gut says 5 to 5.5, but when you hold the book in hand, it almost presents like a 7 with it's brightness, flatness, lack of cover wear and corners.

Do you think the chip could count as a production defect from the marvel chipping era and they are given less weight?

I do have all four! Finally. The ironic part is that TTA was my last priority and it will probably grade the best...

....exactly how it hits me, too. Splitting the difference, it's a 6.0. I think the tanning will keep it from 6.5. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u