• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ready, Set, show me your Action ... 7, that is

39 posts in this topic

Besides your Action #7- Court Copy, I see another Action #7- CC on Ebay once in a while for sale(with missing panels) from a board member, is there 2 court copies of the same issue?

That's bluechips siegle copy

Both from court cases but the missing panels copy is not a "court" copy in the same sense that the Fox lawsuit issue is.

The Fox lawsuit was 1939,

Siegel's lawsuit was 1947-48 and the book itself wasn't stamped like in the 1939 suit. I would guess that only the panels were used in the lawsuit and not the books themselves. (there were other books Siegel clipped from, including Action 9 and 5)

Siegel clipped panels from it and said that he used those panels in his lawsuit. He had used a method he saw used in the Fox suit, which presented clipped panels from Superman comics to compare with similar panels in Wonderman.

But, in addition to the clipped panels comparisons, DC also submitted entire comic books into evidence for the 1939 case and that is how you get stamped (1939) court copies of Action 1 and up (through 10?), as well as Wonder Comics #1.

From what I understand, Siegel cut up other DC books as well, including most of the key first appearances (Tec 27, etc) to make his case that all of DC's superheroes were based on his work. The books he cut up in making that case would today be worth a lot more than the settlement that he and Shuster got (they lost on the big claims, prevailing on small ones).

Oh, and here's my copy (can't wait for it to arrive!):

Ac7CGC10.jpg

Big-time congratulations Carl! :applause:

Action Comics #7 is an incredible book!

They're incredibly tough to come by and to have a CGC blue label is a true accomplishment.

(worship)

+1

That is a very nice copy and one I'd love to have myself!

Congratulations! :)

Thank you, everyone, for sharing your congratulations, encouragement, and kindness.

I don't know of any local collectors who would appreciate this acquisition, and I'm glad to have a community to celebrate with.

I am touched by all your supportive words. :foryou:

Congrats! I have a lower grade copy with brittle corners I bought back in 1997 from Tropic Comics. Have to see if I can get the pages fixed and the brittless removed. I was offered a coverless a number of years ago, but lost track of it. It was later sold at Heritage and now its long gone. I really dropped the ball on that one.

In any case, here is my lowly copy. Has never seen the CGC slab room.

action7.jpg

Does anyone know the wherabouts of the coverless Action 7 that sold at Heritage a few years ago? I made a few offers through their online system but they were never able to get a hold of the person that bought it. I know its a long shot, but if you or someone you know owns it, let me know.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=829&lotNo=42001

Does anyone know the wherabouts of the coverless Action 7 that sold at Heritage a few years ago? I made a few offers through their online system but they were never able to get a hold of the person that bought it. I know its a long shot, but if you or someone you know owns it, let me know.

I believe that Sparkle City auctioned off this copy a while back.

SupermanAshcanFC-1.jpg

I could use some schooling here... (shrug)

Before Superman 1 was published, DC created an ashcan edition to secure the trademark for the title, SUPERMAN. The interior is the Superman story from Action 8. The cover, of course, is Action 7.

There are three copies of this book known to exist. There's a thread or two in the Golden Age forum on ashcans. You should be able to search for it.

I believe that Sparkle City auctioned off this copy a while back.

That was a different copy, the one they auctioned had either brittle or slightly brittle pages and the one on HA has OW pages. I was trying to hunt down one of those until I came across my coverless AC #10 and decided to be happy with that instead.

SupermanAshcanFC-1.jpg

I could use some schooling here... (shrug)

Before Superman 1 was published, DC created an ashcan edition to secure the trademark for the title, SUPERMAN. The interior is the Superman story from Action 8. The cover, of course, is Action 7.

There are three copies of this book known to exist. There's a thread or two in the Golden Age forum on ashcans. You should be able to search for it.

Thanks! (thumbs u