• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unpublished Art (that was intended to be published)

14 posts in this topic

I know I've posted this elsewhere before, but since it's on topic:

Three full issues of The Micronauts produced by Marvel Comics in 1998, but scuppered mid-creation as the lawyers hadn't explained to editorial that they... hadn't actually secured the publishing rights yet. doh!

Through various misadventures I've managed to get all the art together from all three issues, as well as the scripts.

Issue 1:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=83995

Issue 2:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=87687

Issue 3:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=87688

Playing around with Page 1, partway done with coloring in Photoshop:

xIQT3.jpg

But I do have the Cover for issue 3 done:

2u6Rr.jpg

dgarthwaite - fun topic! I have fond memories of the Defiant range :)

Andrew - Always loved the fact that you have the complete 3 issues - awesome stuff mate!

I have a few unpublished pages including this DPS by Doug Wildey which was destined for a title named "Savage World" from DC but which never saw release -

DougWildeySavageWorld.jpg

I was privileged to have Joe Kubert (who is sorely missed) spend the afternoon at my home a couple of years back and he was looking through my original comic art collection and reminiscing about the "Savage World" title and Doug Wildey'. Best,

Royd

Makeshift #3 cover (in process)

Artist - Tim Hamilton / Inker - Tim Hamilton

( Giordano was inking the book, but this page never got to him.)

Defiant Comics Advertorial

Artist - Georges Jeanty /Inker - Unknown

Schism #4 Page 20

Colorist - JayJay Jackson

This is a watercolor painting over a photocopy of the original inked page. It is not a color guide as some people like to call them. Valiant and Defiant used a new reproduction process than had ever been done. I honestly don't know whose art was copied. It has elements that remind me of Lapham. Dave Taylor drew some Schism pages, but this doesn't look like his work. I think the inking (which I do like) makes it into a generic house style regardless of who drew it.

Legion of Superheroes $44 Page# 14

Artist - Sanford Greene / Inker - Nathan Massengill

(I don't honestly like the art. I bought it more as a novelty item.)

Makeshift #1 cover (photocopy)

Artist - Tim Hamilton / Inker - Giordano

(This is the foreground image only. Only certain elements were intended to be inked.)

The editorial page was a gift from Georges.

DG

Three full issues of The Micronauts produced by Marvel Comics in 1998

Through various misadventures I've managed to get all the art together from all three issues, as well as the scripts.

Wow, very impressive that you were able to obtain all 3 complete issues

It really is. Artist tend to piecemeal their work out. The best pieces go first and hopes of collecting the story itself become impossible.

DG