• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #2 cgc 9.2...not a good flip!

46 posts in this topic

I'm sure if he had the time the seller would have realized higher prices for some his books. He clearly would have done better on the AF #15 9.4 which comes to mind. But then again you never know. Sometimes not having books in the market can keep a damper on prices. Case in point - the Eides Journey Into Mysteries, record prices, first one to list the whole run on Ebay in high grade, BSD who wants them and a couple of bidders giving him a run for his money. People see the numbers, shake the heads, say "I would sell at that price" and the result is you see more JIM's on the market.

Having books in the market setting records or not selling pushes up or can push down the prices.

There's no doubt treasure sold his books in about the worst way he possibly could have and would've gotten more if he could've waited (which wasn't Josh's fault), but still, some of those prices paid were just insane. Didn't a bunch of your personal Spideys go to italian-treasure? Unless my memory is failing me, you got more for some of your early 9.4s and 9.6s in 2002 than the going market rate is today, even with Spidey 2 doing as well as it is.

Why did italian treasure dump all his books so quickly??

According to a previous comment made by Captain Tripps, he needed to purchase a piece of medical equipment for his practice!

I sold my Spidey's into that "mindset", basically I saw what other issues were selling for and put them on ebay or sold them privately. I've never looked back nor regret selling ANY of them. Now my FF's are a different story but because of their sale I will be moving into my house, you know the "made up one I sold my collection for"..

somehow i believe your story acclaim.gif

Interesting story 893scratchchin-thumb.gif why not Lease the equipment and keep the books?

I'm sure if he had the time the seller would have realized higher prices for some his books. He clearly would have done better on the AF #15 9.4 which comes to mind. But then again you never know. Sometimes not having books in the market can keep a damper on prices. Case in point - the Eides Journey Into Mysteries, record prices, first one to list the whole run on Ebay in high grade, BSD who wants them and a couple of bidders giving him a run for his money. People see the numbers, shake the heads, say "I would sell at that price" and the result is you see more JIM's on the market.

Having books in the market setting records or not selling pushes up or can push down the prices.

There's no doubt treasure sold his books in about the worst way he possibly could have and would've gotten more if he could've waited (which wasn't Josh's fault), but still, some of those prices paid were just insane. Didn't a bunch of your personal Spideys go to italian-treasure? Unless my memory is failing me, you got more for some of your early 9.4s and 9.6s in 2002 than the going market rate is today, even with Spidey 2 doing as well as it is.

Why did italian treasure dump all his books so quickly??

According to a previous comment made by Captain Tripps, he needed to purchase a piece of medical equipment for his practice!

Interesting story 893scratchchin-thumb.gif why not Lease the equipment and keep the books?

Maybe he didn't have a good enough credit history for them to be willing to lease? Can you imagine, as the equipment manufacturer asks him what collateral he can provide, and he starts pulling out all these high grade ASMs. 27_laughing.gif