• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #2 cgc 9.2...not a good flip!

46 posts in this topic

Just an fyi, he had another book become available to him after he purchased this from me. I guess he was hoping to at least make back what he paid for it. The new buyer actually paid less then what he originally offered me for that book so he got a GREAT deal.

Steve

this is real comment on the whole movie hype factor... here we are on the week of th erecord-setting film, when Spidey couldnt seemingly be hotter, and a sweet book (Pedigree too) like this goes for less than in the past. Im not sure exactly what it says!, but you would think it would have done better. Maybe th etiming was bad by ending midweek is all.

I still never understood why the seller jumped the gun and hit the BIN on your book, rube, without ever trying to just break the reserve. The auction was at least half way over when he hit the BIN. IMO he paid too much for it, but that's not faulting you. Smart seller, not-so-smart buyer decision. smile.gif

Brian

What makes anyone think that a Comic Book worth over $5K, is going to sell for more during MOVIE HYPE than at other times? It's not like someone who doesn't have a clue about comics, but just saw the movie is going to plunk down $10K for this book. Books that are NOT EXTREMELY EXPENSIVE might catch some non-collectors eyes, but those are probably books that sell for less than $100.

Pre-Movie Hype (and the increase in prices) is caused by dealers and collectors speculating on increased demand (therefore increased prices). BUY on the RUMOR, SELL on the NEWS, is a very common Stock Market phrase that also applies to Comic Books.

Also, I have seen a lot of nice CGC Silver-Age Marvel's sell for BELOW market value over the past two to three weeks. Probably, certain buyers (including myself) were on vacation, and the less potential buyers means the greater chance of a book selling for less than it's maximum amount.

Just my thoughts.

youre right. The whole movie hype occurs in the runup. Its not like a hit movie is going to cause some movie goer to spend top dollar for a comic, or a #2 that doesnt relate directly to the movie (no Vulture). Afetr I posted it also occurred to me it was possibly a vacation week too. So if you were here what would you have bought this week??

Hey Brian,

I had this book up for sale a couple of times. last time it had reached around $9500.00 and I was offered $10k for it BUT the buyer was in California and wanted to see the book first. Since he didn't know who I was he was a little leery about sending out that kind of money. Unfortunately he wasn't interested in checking my references and I wasn't going to send the book out not knowing him. So I am not sure if $10k was really to high since Josh sold another pedigree copy same condition for more then $10k 3-4 months ago.

Rube

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Rinse and repeat a few hundred more times and maybe the speculators will move to another hobby to suck dry. Whether this buyer/seller was a speculator or not, I hope they get the message that it's time to move on. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

thumbsup2.gif893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Rinse and repeat a few hundred more times and maybe the speculators will move to another hobby to suck dry. Whether this buyer/seller was a speculator or not, I hope they get the message that it's time to move on. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Move on to what? And why do they have to "move on" at all?

Rube11 explained it....the guy bought it, and another book became available that he wanted more, so he sold. Happens to all of us who aren't made of money.

If he made money, you all would be bashing him for being a "flipper". And now that he lost money, he's a stupid speculator and should "move on" to another hobby to "suck dry".

Here's a novel ideal; live and let live, and stop being overly critical about people you don't even know.

Move on to what? And why do they have to "move on" at all?

Rube11 explained it....the guy bought it, and another book became available that he wanted more, so he sold. Happens to all of us who aren't made of money.

If he made money, you all would be bashing him for being a "flipper". And now that he lost money, he's a stupid speculator and should "move on" to another hobby to "suck dry".

Here's a novel ideal; live and let live, and stop being overly critical about people you don't even know.

not true...i would have given him thumbsup2.gif

Wasn't talking about you. gossip.gif It just seems that no one can do anything in this hobby without being publically castrated here.

Wasn't talking about you. gossip.gif It just seems that no one can do anything in this hobby without being publically castrated here.

27_laughing.gif i know it....i get bashed all the time but it's all good. flowerred.gif