• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Kubert School

4 posts in this topic

Anybody here had any dealings with this school? I was wondering how thorough the correspondence course is?

I have not. But, I did attend a good panel with some of Joe's former students at the BCC yesterday. It was cool to hear them talk about the different ways they learned from Joe over the years as well as reflecting on interesting memories of the school.

Sorry that doesn't help you, just interesting that the school came up a day after I attended the panel.

I went there for 1 year although it was some time ago... 1988-1989.

At that time they had housing set up for the students in various parts of Dover. It was an interesting experience to say the least but in terms of the structure of the school and the variety of training they provided I would have to say that it was very well organized.

Unfortunately during that year, I was not so structured and organized and therefore didn't take full advantage of what they had to offer. :(

What I was able to take away from there is that you had to be focused and determined... confident that what you were getting into was precisely what you wanted.

It certainly wasn't cheap.

Back then I don't believe they had a correspondence course... but looking back, I wish they had. In my opinion that's a perfect way to (at the very least) get your feet wet and see if the pace and curriculum fits with what you're looking for. I see that it's $250 for the correspondence course which is a far lesser commitment than $19,000 if you have any uncertainty about the field.

(I'm sorry that I don't have first hand knowledge of the correspondence course which is what you were asking about.)

A good friend attended the school for a year, then decided to take the correspondence course instead. He felt the CC was a much better bargin than the in house courses, although I'm almost positive he paid a lot more than $250 for it.

He worked as an artist for several years at a couple of advertising agencies before marrying a girl whose father owned an insurance agency, where he now is the VP and heir apparent.