• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Have you ever had a comic...

39 posts in this topic

This is one of them...Double covers, not a super big fan....but on 4 comics that I Have been wanting, well, they would be prizes!!..It will be hard for something like this to come up again..my computer froze in the last ten seconds of the bidding :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120971208342?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Been there, done that. Before I bid on any auctions, I do a through check of my computer and internet settings. I do a CCleaner run and get rid of all bugs.

Losing an auction at the last second because your internet connection freezes is aggravating to say the least! :mad:

huge24124127.jpg

Have you ever had a comic that never comes up for sale...finally come up for sale in an auction?

The last copy that you know of sold years and years ago for a fair price and you think you're going to finally pick up a decent looking low/mid grade copy for a steal.

Then with 20 minutes left to go the vultures start to show their faces and mark their territory all over the price of the book you want.

PS. Whoever wins it, I hate you. :facepalm:

Dice,

Contact this guy...I think there's a good chance he might still have it.

Mystery Tales #40 Atlas Marvel Very Rare 1956 5.5-6.0 Ditko Art

$T2eC16VHJG!E9nm3p3vTBQQ-qQzUpQ~~60_57.JPG

I was watching at least a dozen of this guy’s auctions. I think there’s a better chance somebody made him an offer and he decided to sell off ebay, because he cancelled everything he had running last week.

I imagine it was the usual suspect.

Didn't spot those books as he listed everything under Silver Age Avengers. doh!

This is one of them...Double covers, not a super big fan....but on 4 comics that I Have been wanting, well, they would be prizes!!..It will be hard for something like this to come up again..my computer froze in the last ten seconds of the bidding :frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120971208342?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Been there, done that. Before I bid on any auctions, I do a through check of my computer and internet settings. I do a CCleaner run and get rid of all bugs.

Losing an auction at the last second because your internet connection freezes is aggravating to say the least! :mad:

huge24124127.jpg

a nice solution to that is buy Apple.

or keep missing auctions due to poor CPU performance - your choice.

:cloud9:

huge24124127.jpg

Who are you, my wife?!? lol

All i heard was how we needed all new Apple computers because they dont 'freeze". 5 grand later and i see the rainbow wheel of death on my Apple just as often as my old computers would freeze :frustrated:

All i heard was how we needed all new Apple computers because they dont 'freeze". 5 grand later and i see the rainbow wheel of death on my Apple just as often as my old computers would freeze :frustrated:

Five grand? I'm curious which ones you got.

Five grand? I'm curious which ones you got.

yeah, really even the big gun power PC monster machines of the 90's

weren't 5k...

me thinks the little geek at the apple store pocketed 3k...

:insane:

anyway the only drag my system has is when I have ginormous image

for a show booth open in photoshop for image editing.

Raw 4.5 ended at $140 and change.

The last slabbed copy was the 8.5 Bethlehem that sold for $150 in 2004. :cry:

Is that one of the comics that was featured in the Lost TV show?

Jess

Have you ever had a comic that never comes up for sale...finally come up for sale in an auction?

The last copy that you know of sold years and years ago for a fair price and you think you're going to finally pick up a decent looking low/mid grade copy for a steal.

Then with 20 minutes left to go the vultures start to show their faces and mark their territory all over the price of the book you want.

PS. Whoever wins it, I hate you. :facepalm:

Shock Illustrated 3.

I already had numbers 1 and 2 waiting in my mag box.

Going back a good 8 years ago, it happened twice where I went away on vacation and a copy turned up on eBay.

The first time, I was in Cuba, and US commercial domains like eBay are either banned by ISP's or blocked on the hotel PC's, so no matter what hotel you are in, you couldn't ping the site. My Wife was in the travel industry (in the elite/corporate category) at the time, and she managed to pull a few strings for me to get a connection in our hotel. None of this mattered anyway because in the last five minutes of the auction, the book went for a ridiculous amount of money, and pulverized the guide value at that time.

The second time, I think it happened while were vacationing in Bali. That time I felt I was going to ride away with the book (as highest bidder) and then in the last few seconds someone came along and demolished the high bid.

I finally gave up and sold 1 and 2 on these boards last year.