• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pretty Books of the Day - 1963-64 Supermans

56 posts in this topic

Not only beautiful condition but looks like you had the "QP eye" as well! Just very appealing books.

thanks POV - wish i could take credit for the QP but i just picked one out and that was that. i just wish i had taken better care of them collectively instead of having such a range of grades - but i'm not complaining because it's obvious how lucky i was.......... grin.gif

Well maybe subliminally you CAN take credit. The books are overall very straight, beautifully trimmed, nicely centered. Perhaps they just attracted your eye without you really realizing it. thumbsup2.gif

ya know, NOW that i think about it.......... grin.gif

Those comics are beautiful!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to see your 164

ok, here's #164 and #171, as well. they are strangely similar considering they were released ony 7 months apart. these two are second tier copies, probably in the 8.0 to 8.5 range, but still very collectible grin.gif

1089410343479_superman_007.jpg

1089653181259_superman_008.jpg

There is something missing from their chests ... shocked.gif

164 is such a classic Superman story from that era. If you could only read just a few silver age Supermans, besides 149's "Death of Superman" this would be one of my picks.

164 is such a classic Superman story from that era. If you could only read just a few silver age Supermans, besides 149's "Death of Superman" this would be one of my picks.

No Peach Fuzz insane.gif

I'm sure some uber-fan like E. Nelson Bridwell has written a treatise about Kryptonians evolving to a higher physical plane, beyond the need for things like an appendix, useless male-nipples (893whatthe.gif), etc, etc....

i would have never noticed that.........however the older "caveman" looking on in #171 has a bit of hair on his chest grin.gif

i'm bumping this because folks probably don't know that there's two new books added today - maybe i should have started a new post - confused.gif

you should add broccoli next time. Great looking books btw.

These are great early 12 cent Supes, BB. My favorite stuff from Gil Kane are his Green Lantern covers, and I look forward to your posting some of these from the BB pedigree. cloud9.gif

These are great early 12 cent Supes, BB. My favorite stuff from Gil Kane are his Green Lantern covers, and I look forward to your posting some of these from the BB pedigree. cloud9.gif

i posted issues # 12,13 & 16 all in CGC 9.2 with ow/w pags last month. don't have the pix hosted anymore so they won't show up if you search for the Pretty DC's for 6/17 thread. maybe i a couple of weeks i'll post more grin.gif

nice books ... i wish i could find wonder womans of that quality from that era. well at least ones that are not slabbed and overpriced.

i'll post some of my WW's from the same time frame and in the same quality range in a week or so for you DC fans. getting issues like this unslabbed and cheap ain't gonna be easy but keep plugging grin.gif