• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

current turn around rates at CGC
80 80

27,096 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Sauce Dog said:

Sigh, apparently any request for any sort of clarification on an orders TAT is met with vagueness.

My order has been 'Scheduled for Grading' for awhile now (TMNT Eastman signing, received by CGC last December so thus far its been 6 months. Fast track). I called weeks ago and they said it is being graded and will 'be done soon', I then I saw no changes on my account submission so I reached out and emailed this week (and they answered within 1 business day) - the answer was that it will 'be finalized soon'. Asked exactly what that might mean (day? many days? weeks?) but never got a reply. 

@ADAMANTIUM sound familiar?

10 hours ago, SeanYork said:

Oh ya....!!!!

Not to be demanding but I too finally sent off an email on Friday about an hour before they closed. Got a reply in about 15 minutes, yet didn't see it right away doh!

Apparently I for got to put my invoice number in the email doh!

I took a screenshot but forgot to attach lol

So I replied with the info but will need to wait until Monday for the reply, but yes!

I was like how does it say sfg if it's graded already

10 hours ago, SeanYork said:
10 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

Sigh, apparently any request for any sort of clarification on an orders TAT is met with vagueness.

My order has been 'Scheduled for Grading' for awhile now (TMNT Eastman signing, received by CGC last December so thus far its been 6 months. Fast track). I called weeks ago and they said it is being graded and will 'be done soon', I then I saw no changes on my account submission so I reached out and emailed this week (and they answered within 1 business day) - the answer was that it will 'be finalized soon'. Asked exactly what that might mean (day? many days? weeks?) but never got a reply. 

Expand  

On 6/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, agads said:

Is holding a book in the warehouse for 2 months the new standard? It's not showing up in my submissions and it was scanned in at the beginning of May.  Maybe this is the new way to speed up the turn around times?  Simply don't set the date for having received it until its out of the warehouse?  Two months seems a little ridiculous.  At this point should I contact customer service?

Edited by djpinkpanther67
Nah they are still opening packages received in April

On 6/25/2021 at 8:11 PM, agads said:

Is holding a book in the warehouse for 2 months the new standard? It's not showing up in my submissions and it was scanned in at the beginning of May.  Maybe this is the new way to speed up the turn around times?  Simply don't set the date for having received it until its out of the warehouse?  Two months seems a little ridiculous.  At this point should I contact customer service?

Perfectly normal for the times we are in. CGC’s website says they are opening packages received the week of May 3rd. I have two subs delivered that week that haven’t shown up on my submissions page yet. No use calling, TATs are crazy right now and are about to get a lot worse. 

4 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Please elaborate.

If CGC is opening packages received the week of May 3rd, then why should the OP be concerned that his package, which was scanned as delivered, isn’t on his submissions page if it was submitted later than that date?

I said normal. I did not say acceptable.

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 6/25/2021 at 9:34 AM, Barth said:

Crazy that your shipment was opened and SFG already :whatthe:

I sent mine Fed Ex Express (delivered 6/14) too and it hasn't been touched yet. I have Value, Standard, Economy and Modern in mine

So, for some reason submissions that were opened sometime in April and after, were all instantly Moved to Scheduled for grading. I assume it was a mistake or a better way to track when submissions should actually be graded. 

it’s frustrating when my March submission is still just received, when everyone after me is SFG. 

When I had  book lingering I took a screen shot of turn around times just to look later and see how much they would improve with all the additional hiring, "Which they did not have to do"

Turnaround Times Comparison 

Tier                               6-4                  6-27

Modern                         82 Days          94 Days

Economy                      113 Days        131 Days

Standard                       51 Days          74 Days

Express                         11 Days          15 Days

Walk Through                3 Days            3 Days

Reholder                        52 Days          76 Days      

11 minutes ago, PKJ said:

When I had  book lingering I took a screen shot of turn around times just to look later and see how much they would improve with all the additional hiring, "Which they did not have to do"

Turnaround Times Comparison 

Tier                               6-4                  6-27

Modern                         82 Days          94 Days

Economy                      113 Days        131 Days

Standard                       51 Days          74 Days

Express                         11 Days          15 Days

Walk Through                3 Days            3 Days

Reholder                        52 Days          76 Days      

Magazine time are even crazier… up to 160 days for modern. Thoughts and prayers to anyone sending in an early Turtles book for grading and pressing with CCS/CGC the total is 276 business days + another 2 months for them to open and shipping times. You’re looking at like September of 2022 at best. 

6 hours ago, Justin Jordan said:

So, for some reason submissions that were opened sometime in April and after, were all instantly Moved to Scheduled for grading. I assume it was a mistake or a better way to track when submissions should actually be graded. 

it’s frustrating when my March submission is still just received, when everyone after me is SFG. 

What is frustrating is how you and others dont get that has been covered many times.

"Received" and "SFG" status is who gives a :censored:

TaT starts the day your box arrives at CGC not the day its uploaded to your CGC account number or computer system. 

So whether someone's invoice goes from "received" to "SFG" in one day or 3 months it doesn't matter.  "shipped/safe" is all you need to care about.

Edited by NewWorldOrder

15 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Perfectly normal for the times we are in. CGC’s website says they are opening packages received the week of May 3rd. I have two subs delivered that week that haven’t shown up on my submissions page yet. No use calling, TATs are crazy right now and are about to get a lot worse. 

I dont know about long-term worse.  Realistically 4/28/21 was the big one of everyone trying to get their invoices done before the price increase so we all knew they were going to be bombarded.  Now I get they gave customers a longer received date to mail them in, but most people weren't waiting to mail their invoices in 30-60 days later.  I can see it getting worse short-term through Labor Day, but as the world reopens people's money will have to spent elsewhere.  Easy to drop $1k with CGC on comic books when your family didn't have that Disneyland trip in 2020 2021. 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

23 minutes ago, NewWorldOrder said:

What is frustrating is how you and others dont get that has been covered many times.

TaT starts the day your box arrives at CGC not the day its uploaded to your CGC account number or computer system. 

So whether someone's invoice goes from "received" to "SFG" in one day or 3 months it doesn't matter.  "shipped/safe" is all you need to care about.

@Justin Jordan

Screenshot_20210507-172922.png

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 hours ago, NewWorldOrder said:

Yeah I was replying to the other guy about why people are showing SFG on later submissions. 

The fact that turnaround times are so out of wack is why a lot of people even post to this thread right now. It wasn’t always like this. CGC is getting hammered at both ends. They are trying to get the million+ they invested into a inventory system they contracted some lame company to build for them, who tried to hold them ransom and then bailed. Also while trying to staff a facility where they are running out of room to store books properly. 

it’s a FCKD up situation, that it seems CGC is downplaying severely.